Epilogue

3rd

Time passed. How much time passed was a mystery. But it couldn't have been long when Bella started to wish for death. But her tormentor was having too much fun.

Venom was flooding her mouth from smelling Bella's blood. It tempted her and she almost gave in. Watching the human gasp for air, blood trickling out of her mouth was better than anything.

Victoria knew she didn't have much time until the mate found her. But she'd be long gone by then.

Bella was fading out of consciousness, it was getting harder for her to breath— harder for her to keep her eyes open, but she did. She has to for Rosalie. Bella could feel a cold wind hitting her cheek but soon realized it Victoria was breathing against her.

Victoria's nose brushed up against her neck, moaning softly. "I won't be able to last much longer, Bella." She could feel it when Victoria tasted the blood running from Bella's lips. "You taste much better than any blood I've had. I think it's about time for me to get a better taste, hm?"

Bella choked out a cough, making Victoria smile sinisterly. She could feel the fangs scrape against the weak pulse on her neck. Before the vampire could finally bite her, she was roughly thrown across the room, a body landing on her as soon as she hit the ground.

Victoria was met with furious black eyes and untamed blonde hair. She didn't get to see the face for much longer until she was attacked; her screams didn't rival Bella's.

Rosalie was alone. Her family was miles back, but a few was coming as fast as they could.

Rage was the only thing Rosalie felt. Rage at Alice and Jasper for not paying better attention to Bella, rage at Victoria for laying a finger on her, but most Rosalie was mad at herself; for allowing this to happen. To her, she could've protected Bella better.

Victoria laughing softly made Rosalie freeze in her attack. She looked down at the cracked face, her had wrapped around Victoria's throat getting ready to rip her head off.

"Your mate is dying, Rosalie," Victoria mocked. "You'd rather kill me than save her?"

Rosalie's demeanor fell as she looked behind her to the almost still body on the ground. Victoria was right, her mate was slowly dying, she could hear the slow beating of her heart.

"Bella?" Rosalie whimpered.

Victoria took that moment to move the girl off of her and ran out the building, not before grabbing her arm that she ripped off. Rosalie didn't react at all, only dashed to Bella.

"Bella," she whisper once more, her shaking hand reaching out to touch her's. She got no response. Rosalie's eyes filled with tears, some slowly slipping out. "Bella, please," she said brokenly.

Rosalie's fingers covered her mouth as breathing started to get harder for her; more tears started to fall when she sobbed softly. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, Bella."

She could still hear Bella's breathing; it was raspy, no doubt that one of her broken ribs punctured a lung. Her heart was still beating, but Rosalie knew she didn't have long. She didn't have much time to make a decision.

"Okay," she said. "Okay." Rosalie leaned forward to whisper in Bella's ear. "Baby...I don't know if you can hear me, but...I'm sorry." Pressing a kiss on Bella's forehead, she said a soft 'I love you,' before raising Bella's wrist to her mouth.

Rosalie pressed another kiss on Bella's wrist, her breathing shaky. Her own fangs pierced Bella's skin, venom immediately going into her system, finally tasting human blood.

She fought her need to continue feeding, to drain the body of blood. Bella's blood has always called her but tasting it was better than anything she could've imagined. With much force she pulled away, licking her lips as she did so. She couldn't focus on the taste, the only thing that mattered was saving Bella.

She had to.

After another bite to Bella's other wrist and on her throat. "You're okay," she said against her neck. Rosalie picked her up, nodding to herself. "You're gonna be okay."

###

Hours later, Rosalie was back at the Cullen house. Emmett, Jasper and Alice caught up to Victoria; she wouldn't be causing anymore problems for them. James was nowhere to be found, but Rosalie didn't care. The only thing that mattered to her was Bella's still body on the bed.

Rosalie didn't move from her side. She held her hand, her head resting on the bed as she waited for her to wake.

The rest of the family was dealing with collateral damage of Rosalie changing Bella. Alice and Emmett faked a car crash, killing Bella and Rosalie on the spot, leaving Alice as the only surviver. Charlie was destroyed, according to Esme. She was there for hours comforting him and when he broke the news to Renee. Renee was worse.

"Rosalie?" Carlisle said. He gained her attention but she didn't look away from Bella. "The pack heard about what happened and they want to talk."

"Not now," she said faintly.

He sighed. "Rose—"

"Carlisle, please. Not now."

Carlisle, hearing the tears in her voice went up to Rosalie, crouched by her and rubbed her back. "You saved her Rose."

She immediately disagreed. "I changed her for my own selfish reasons. She gonna hate me."

"She was going to die, Rosalie. You have her another chance."

Rosalie didn't respond. She felt his lips at her temple. "I'll talk to them. But you need to hunt soon, okay?" When she nodded, Carlisle finally left her alone.

I might have saved her, Rosalie thought, a tear falling down her cheek. But at what cost?

____________________

Never thought I would be into anime but here we are

Bye!