#23

Bella

Shaking my head at her, I turned back to the spinning plate just as Charlie came inside.

"Hey dad," I called out. I grabbed my dinner from the microwave and sat down at the table as he walked in. His footsteps sounded so noisy after spending the day with Rosalie.

"Can you get me some of that?" He asked, ruffling my hair as he passed by. "I'm bushed." He stepped on the heel of his boots to take them off, holding the back of Rosalie's chair for support.

I took my food with me, careful to not burn my mouth as I got his dinner. I filled two glasses with milk while his lasagna was heating. He smiled at me when I placed both items down in front of him.

"How was your day?" I asked, filling the silence.

"Good. The fish were biting...how about you? How was your day with uh...Rosaline?"

I gave him a dry look. "Rosalie, dad. It's Rosalie. And it was great. We spent the day outside since it was so nice." Finishing the last of my food, I went to wash my dishes.

"I'm going to call it a night dad," I told him. "I'm pretty tired."

"Goodnight, Bella," he called out when I started to go upstairs.

When I opened the door to my room, I found Rosalie lounging on my bed, reading my old copy of Wuthering Height. She looked up when she saw me, smiling brightly.  

I walked over to her, and kissed her forehead. "Give me five minutes," I mumbled. Rosalie nodded and went back to reading.

I grabbed my  pajamas from off the floor and my bag of toiletries off the desk. Leaving the light off, I slipped out, closing the door. I didn't hear the sounds of the TV, so I guessed that Charlie was in his room.

I didn't hurry to much. I brushed my teeth, trying to be thorough, removing all traced of lasagna. I didn't rush the hot water of the shower. It unknotted the muscles in my back. The familiar smell of my shampoo made me feel like the person from this morning. I tried not to think about Rosalie, in my room, waiting because then I would have to restart the calming process. Soon, I turned off the water, drying off and making sure my hair was dry. I pulled on the white t-shirt and grey sweats.

Rubbing the towel though my hair again, I yanked my brush through it. Placing the towels in the hamper, and throwing my toothbrush and toothpaste into my bad, I walked back to my room, carefully so I didn't wake Charlie.

Rosalie wasn't on the bed when I got back. Instead, she was at my desk, looking at the thing I had there. Before I could even say anything, Rosalie rushed over to me, quickly pressing our lips together. I smiled at the action, but kissed her back. Rosalie slowly pulled away before pulling me towards the bed. When I sat down, Rosalie tossed her legs over mine and kissed the corner of my jaw.

"It," I trailed off when the tiny kisses started to move downward, but continued, "seems to be easier for you to be closer to me."

"Mhm," she hummed. "I'm not going to lie to you, it was extremely hard at first. But  it's getting easier everyday."

"You're good at everything," I pointed out.

Rosalie shook her head, mover her head to look at me. "Not everything. But almost everything."

I roller my eyes playfully at her. "Have you ever been jealous around me?"

"Multiple times," she sighed. "Do you remember the day that Jessica asked you to the dance?"

I nodded. "You also started talking to me that day."

"I was surprised at myself, really," she explained. "For feeling so...angry at her for even thinking about taking you. Anger at myself for not saying something to her, but I didn't recognize the feeling at first. But I couldn't help but wonder why you rejected her offer. Was it for Mike's sake? Was there someone else? I tried not to care, I really did," she whispered.

"I was honestly upset that Edward couldn't read your mind. I wanted to know what you were think." Rosalie moved my hair away from my face, smiling softly. "Jealously is a strange thing."

I chuckled softly. "The fact that Jessica made you jealous is surreal. You have nothing to worry about, I'm yours." I heard her purr lowly when I said that. "Plus, I'm more into blondes anyways."

"Then there's no competition," she agreed, laughing softly.

I moved Rosalie's legs off of mine to lay down, but she followed me.

"Feeling tired?" she asked.

"Not really."

"So if you don't want to sleep..." she suggested, her hand traveling slowly down my leg, "what do you want to do?"

I have a few things in mind, I though. Clearing my head of those thoughts, I said, "I want to know more about you."

Rosalie smirked, possibly knowing where my thoughts were. But still, her hand never left my leg. "Ask away then."

"Why do you work so hard to resist what you are?"

She hesitated before answered. "That's a good question, and you are not the first one to ask it. The others-- the majority of out kind who are content with our lot-- they, too, wonder at how we live. Just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted." Rosalie took a deep breath before continuing. "Anything else you wanted to know?"

"Um...yeah. The reading minds, seeing the future, why does that happen?"

I felt her shrug in the darkness. "We don't really know. Carlisle has a theory though. He believes that we all bring something of our strongest human traits with us into the next life, when they are better-- like our minds and senses. Carlisle think that Edward was always sensitive to the thoughts of those around him. So even when he was a human, Edward was always a little bitch."

I chuckled softly at that, but let her continue. "And that Alice had some precognition, where ever the hell she was."

"What did the others bring?"

"Carlisle brought his compassion. Esme brought her ability to love passionately. Emmett brought his strength. Jasper is very interesting. He was very charismatic in his first life, able to influence those around him to see his way. Now he is able to manipulate the emotions of those around him. It's a very subtle gift."

"What about you?" I asked.

Rosalie only gestured to her beautiful face. "Most would usually call it pigheadedness."

"I wouldn't," I told her, watching as she ducked her head. A yawn left me, making her giggle.

Rosalie kissed my cheek before laying her head over my chest, right over my heart. "Go to sleep, beautiful. I'll be here when you wake up."

I hummed. "Goodnight, Rosalie."

"Night, Bella." 

___________________

This is straight facts

Change my mind

Or add anything even

Bye!