"Never presume to lead me!" I said firmly, pressing the knife deeper into his neck. "It will not be that baby who will end us!"

As I spoke, he slowly turned to ash. "Y—Y-Your Majesty…”

"That baby will not be the one to destroy us," I whispered to the fading ash of the vampire.

Fear rippled through the crowd as they saw what had happened to their comrade. Trembling, they began to back away, their terror palpable.

"Yvone…”

I turned around to the hoarse voice speaking from behind. Reliy.

"You want to have sex with me?" I said with a sweet smile, my tone playful yet commanding.

Reliy sighed deeply. "I have a hard time sowing terror to reproduce our clan. I look for a victim every full moon, without regard to age, just to enlarge our lineage. I just multiply newborns, and you kill them just like that?!"

It was my first time to witness that Reliy complaining about his job.

Should I kill him too?

"Aren't you tired of killing your own kind? Why do we turn them into newborns if you're just going to kill them later? We create terror and seek out victims to make more newborns so that we can reproduce. That’s why we do this," he continued.

I was taken aback by his boldness in speaking to me like that. "You improve right now, Reliy," I confronted him. "I can't believe you would talk to me with such a philosophical attitude." I stepped closer and, without another word, began to strangle him.

"Ack! Y-Yvone..." he groaned, gripping my hands around his neck with both of his own.

"Did I give you permission to speak like that?" I said coldly. "You must know your place, Reliy."

He nodded slightly, struggling to speak. "Y-yes... Your Majesty.”

BEATHRIZE'S POV

THE NEXT day, Alexie immediately called Trixie and told her about what happened to me. In response, Trixie rushed home, clearly anxious and concerned. I could see the deep worry in her eyes, as if she would do anything to help me.

We are at the hospital now, sitting in the office after my examination. We’re waiting for the doctor who checked me to come back with the results. As we wait, I can't sit still, my restlessness growing with each passing minute.

I felt nervous about learning the results. It seemed I was dreading what the check-up might reveal.

Maybe, my imputation was right and I am not ready for this yet.

I tilted my head towards Trixie as she asked. "How are you feeling?" Her concern was evident in her voice.

She had been asking me repeatedly about how I was feeling, unable to settle down ever since we were at home. Her anxiety and concern were clear, as she worried that something might be seriously wrong with me.

Since yesterday, I haven't been feeling well, and the discomfort has persisted into today. There's still something unusual inside my tummy, a sensation that I can't quite shake off.