My Story

I was at my friend, Ianah's house. It was too hot to play outside, but too boring to stay inside. Ianah suggested that we should go on one of those online chatting sites, just for fun. It seemed like a really fun idea, and it didn't require too much work. We chose a random one and made an account.

We only used my name.

At first it was just a lot of random chats, but then, there was this one guy, named Joey, that was just so intriguing.

We chatted with him for an hour, about everything.

He was 14, a year older than us and went to a high school a few towns down.

He played hockey, football, and lacrosse.

He wasn't too popular, but he had friends, but no girlfriend.

He sent us a picture of him, and boy was he a cutie!

Ianah didn't seem as interested as I, and because of that, I did most of the talking.

We only used my name.

When my mom came to pick me up, I was sad, having to leave the laptop sitting on Ianah's bed.

I said that I had to go and told Ianah not to go on again until I'm with her. It just wouldn't be the same.

In the car, I begged my mom and dad once again to let me get WiFi at the house. But, time and time again, they made up one million reasons not to get WiFi. Parents these days.

A few agonising days later, I finally got a chance to go to Ianah's house.

I said hello to her mom and tried to take in the signature smell of their house. Warm Vanilla Sugar by Bath and Body Works. But I couldn't enjoy because I was too excited to talk to Joey.

I immediately wanted to go online, unlike Ianah who thought it would be fun to play on the trampoline.

We did for awhile, but there was no way I could concentrate my double backs with that incredible hunk on my mind. I fell on my head.

It was getting dark, so we decided to go inside and play on the internet. I was jumping out of my socks with excitement.

We found Joey online again. I was flooded with relief when he was on.

It wasn't a very interactive sleepover. Ianah was watching a movie and I was supposed to be too, but the laptop in front of me grasped my attention more than a silly elf.

Then he said the words that no one has ever said to me.
I love you.

And for a moment I was trying to grasp this three word sentence.
"I love you too." I responded.

The laptop beeped again.

"Good!!! That means we have to meet up!!! I knew that you were going to be a keeper, and I loved you ever since we first talked. I know this is a little fast, but we have to meet up, because if we don't, I will go crazy."

Who could resist that? My mom always said to be careful online, but I am. Joey is 14 and goes to a nearby high school! This was as safe as it could get.

I know my mom would resist, but it is my life not hers.

My mind says, reply, reply! But my heart says, this could go bad.

»»»

heyoooo!

My name is Kiya and I am the author of this short story.

It's kind of based off of Dear Jo.

So some credit goes to her.

I hope you enjoy this book!!

Vote? Comment?

-kiya