Chinese Astrology: Year of the Goat/Sheep

In Chinese astrology, each year is represented by an animal and its reputed attributes, it is an repeating cycle of 12 years. The order is as follows: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig.

---
Goats are calm, gentle, caring and selfless. Thryare very compassionate and sensitive creatures - quick to forgive and understanding of other people's faults. They are very polite, creative, artistic and wise. They can easily attract people thanks to their charismatic and pleasing personalities. They want a peaceful and quiet life and will do anything to avoid conflicts. Goats don't like being the center of attention - they always prefer to watch from the sidelines. The overly soft and gentle nature of the Goat is what will give them the most grief in life. They tend to be pessimistic, indecisive, hesitant, timid, insecure and easily influenced by others. They lack confidence and are vulnerable to being taken advantage of.

Years of the Goat: 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015, and 2027

Lucky Number: 2, 7

Lucky Color: Brown, Red, Purple

Lucky Flowers: Carnation, Primrose

Yin/Yang: Yin

---
Each chinese astrological sign is associated with five elements: Fire, Earth, Wood, Water and Gold(Metal). Each birth year under this sign is said to have different characteristics based on the element and type.

Wood Goat(1955, 2015): Amicable, gentle, and compassionate.

Fire Goat(1967, 2027): Amicable, frank, and honest, always making everything clean and tidy.

Earth Goat(1919, 1979): Righteous, honest, straightforward, and will never harm their friends.

Gold Goat(1931, 1991): Ambitious and kind-hearted with a strong sense of responsibility in work; sometimes too stubborn.

Water Goat(1943, 2003): Always ready to help others, and they can sacrifice their own interests for others
---

So how many of you have the Goat as your chinese astrological sign? or know someone who has it? Does it correlate to your own personality traits? Leave a comment and let me know! 🐐

Most of this information came from the websites: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/

https://cultureastrology.com/chinese-zodiac-signs/goat/