Chapter 65

Hermione's POV

I stay behind after the 6 others leave.
"So you need me for what, Professor?" I politely ask.
"To help book hotels and help the other wizards and witches out with landmarks and such. I will fund the money. You 5, or at least you 3 or 4 deserve a break from all this. You're all 16-17 years old. This much stress should not be on your shoulders," McGonagall says. I nod.
"Okay, I will help. Anything else?"
"No that's it."
"Okay, have a nice rest of the day, Professor," I say and walk out.
Draco waited for me. No one else is in sight but him. He grins when he sees me. I can't help but to blush. I walk up to him and kiss his cheek. He takes my hand and we walk slowly to the common room. We're walking by the Great Hall when the big doors open and seventh years come pouring out. Draco and I try to push through the crowd but the seventh years are relentless.
"Hey! You're Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger!" Some kid shouts. I tug on Draco's arm, signaling that we need to get the heck out of there. He responds by pulling me closer. He pushes through the crowd more forcefully and the kids move since Draco's a lot stronger than them.
"Everybody! Malfoy and Granger are actually dating!" That same voice yells. Some seventh years bother to look up but others are trying to get through the corridor. Finally, Draco and I make it out of the crowd and we walk fast back to our rooms.
When the two of us walk into the common room, everyone's there, playing around. Today must be a day off. But when a group sees us they become silent and the groups around turn to look and the same thing happens. And with a lot of the other groups. A few whispers are spoken before the noise returns.
"Hermione!" A familiar voice calls. The sound comes from above. I look up at the balcony and see Ron and Harry.
"I'll see you soon," I say quietly to Draco. I let go of his hand and run up the steps two at a time.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I ask Ron and Harry.
"Nothing much. We saw those people all get quiet and stare," Harry says. Ron nods in agreement.
"They can think what they'd like. It's not going to affect me," I laugh. Harry laughs along but Ron has a sad smile on his face. He's seemed a bit distant since we've came back...

Ron's POV

You've got to be kidding me. Holding hands in public?! Sure, yeah, go ahead Hermione, keep repetitively stabbing my heart every time I see you.
I stand from the top of the upstairs balcony. The rest of the eighth years except Harry and I are down there playing games or chatting. Harry and I had planned on going down in a few minutes. Now, I'm not so sure. I hear footsteps behind me and I know it's Harry.
"Hermione!" He calls out. Idiot! I do t want to talk to her now that she kissed him in front of me!
"Mate, I don't feel so well," I say to Harry.
"Oh, come on, Hermione might cheer you up!" Harry says optimistically. I sigh. Hermione comes bounding up the steps. She greets us with a simple hello and how are you. Harry replies fine for the both of us and tells her that we noticed them come in and all eyes turned to them.

"They can think what they'd like. It's not going to affect me," Hermione says as she laughs. Another stab. I wish she'd stop killing me. I can't even imagine what my face looks like now.
"I've got to go. I'll see you later?" I say quickly. I'm seriously going to be sick!
"Uh, yeah? Okay," Hermione replies. I run behind me and down the hall to the boys community bathroom. I burst in and find it empty. I stop at the sinks and look up at the mirror. My red hair is starting to become messed up, my forehead is scrunched up from anger, jealousy is clear in my eyes. I stare at myself a moment longer.
I need a haircut, I think to myself. Maybe I'll get one when I go to Hogsmeade next.