Chapter 62

Draco's POV

I want to beat up that little weasel for trying to get in between me and Hermione. I cannot believe that he actually admitted to her that he still loves her. Like she'd fall for that. She didn't tell me the full story. I'll have to get that out of her soon.
We fell asleep that night on her red plush couch. Hermione fell asleep before me. I was staring at her until my eyes could no longer stay open. I can't believe the school years almost halfway done! Christmas break is next week and I can't decide if I want to try to go back home. I'm leaning towards no. For at least two reasons: 1) Hermione will be here & 2) Mother will be furious if she found out what I've done. And who I'm with. Home is just too bad.

*****

"Draco! We're almost going to be late for breakfast!" Hermione exclaims, jerking awake. Her sudden movement rouses me as well. I get up as Hermione scrambles around the room, collecting her clothes. I stretch and rub my eyes as I walk through the bathroom and into my room. I can't wait to get out of here and live with Hermione on our own. Wait. Did I seriously just think that? What made me think she loves me enough to move in with me someplace. I can't even buy a place for us. Fuck stupid muggle money. I only know like dollar bills and coins but I can't add and subtract that. Everything would be so much easier if everyone had the same currency. As I daydream, well more like morning dream, I find some pants and a T-shirt and pull them on. I hear Hermione walk into the bathroom and brush her teeth. I walk in and do the same. Hermione's dressed already and she's wearing a grey sweater vest with a Griffindor tie under with a white shirt. Converse are her shoe of choice today and skinny jeans are the pants. I can tell a hole's coming on her pants' right knee.
"Don't forget our robes," Hermione says and walks out of the bathroom to get hers. I jog across my room again and pull my robe out of the closet. I slip it on and glance through the bathroom to find Hermione starting for the door. I walk out mine and wait for her. A second later she's out and walking with me to the Great Hall. With 4 minutes to spare, 'Mione and I make it to breakfast on time. I give her hand a squeeze before I let her go to her friends. I walk over to the Slytherin table. Everyone's been giving me crap since yesterday. But they don't push it. They know just the basics of what I can do. I glance over towards Hermione and see that she is in a deep conversation with Harry and Ginny. R-Weasel's not there. I don't actually wonder where he is. He must be too ashamed to face people again. But contrary to my thoughts, he quickly walks through the Great Hall's doors, moments before he'd miss. I sigh and clench my fists as he sits across from Hermione. I swear, if he tries anything...

Hermione's POV

Waking up with Draco beside me was probably one of the best feelings I've had. Yeah, yeah, he's slept beside me before, but Hogwarts is practically home and so the feeling's been renewed from 2 months prior. I thought Draco and I were late, but Ron was running later and made it maybe seconds before the door closed. I hope it won't be awkward because of yesterday. I know Draco is staring at me and my friends. I can feel the burning of his glare radiate off of everyone. I eat the food that's in the center of the table on platters. I've been listening into the gossip that Ginny as Harry have brought back from overhearing and interacting with everyone. I can tell Ron's uncomfortable and immediately I know that our friendship won't ever be the same. Not with that same jealous and hurt look on his face. I hope he gets over me. He doesn't deserve a broken heart forever.