| t w e n t y - s e v e n |

♢♢♢♢

Admittedly, it took a lot of courage for me to give Thomas my letter. But I did it. Well, sort of. I put it in his locker so he could find it himself and read it in his own time and in my absence. I hoped he'd read it at the very end of the day when he was at his house, in his room. Lucky for me, he did. Or maybe he read it before and just didn't say anything. That would be stunning because he acted like nothing had even happened throughout that one hour when we met up for the project.

I was in my room that evening, minding my own business when I received a message from him.

Mystery Dude: yo.

J. Mads: Yo.

Mystery Dude: so, I got your letter.

J. Mads: Alright.

Mystery Dude: yeah. uh, can I call you? it's cool if you say no, just think it'd be easier to get my message across, y'know.

Of course I felt a little nervous, but I felt this would benefit us both.

J. Mads: Yeah, just hold on.

Mystery Dude: tell me when you're ready. I'll be here.

I got up off my bed and went to lock my door before proceeding to the bathroom, closing the door and sitting in the empty bathtub. This was only to prevent younger sisters from eavesdropping on me and saying things that weren't true. My bathroom was soundproof from the outside, and therefore I could hear anything happening outside but others couldn't hear me. The sitting in the bath was just a me thing, being a weirdo and all.

J. Mads: Done.

Mystery Dude: what were you doing...?

J. Mads: Tell you later.

Mystery Dude: lol, okay... hold on.

J. Mads: Holdin'.

A couple of seconds later it rang. I swiped accept. Well, obviously.

"Yo,"

"Yo,"

"You alright?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah. Uh, okay. What do I say? Firstly, I guess... thanks. For, you know, bein' open an honest with me... I, uh, it must've been hard for ya, right?"