Emotional Behavior

Start from the beginning

Isabelle clenched and unclenched her jaw. She peeled her body off of the door and walked over to Simon. Balling her fists into his shirt, she pulled him close. "Don't ever accuse my family of anything again, without knowing all of the facts, or I will pull your toes off one by one. Understood?"

Simon nodded his head fast with wide eyes.

Isabelle smirked, "Good. Now, kiss me." She pulled his shirt and yanked him to her slamming her lips on his...

Magnus was sitting at the table, Alec making some tea for the two of them, stood at the stove. You could see the tension in his shoulders as he stood. "What's wrong Alec?" asked Magnus out of concern for his boyfriend.

"Nothing," Alec said quickly.

Magnus stood up from his chair, walking over to Alec. Wrapping his arms around his waist, "I'm not stupid, I know something is wrong. Tell me."

Alec sighed and leaned into Magnus's embrace. "I hate him."

Those three words drew a picture for Magnus, "We all do. But what brought on this sudden tension you have?"

Alec stared at the tea pot on the stove that was starting to blow some steam. "What he did to Clary. She is his sister. How could he do that? Demon or not, how could he do that? He has Shadowhunter blood in him, yet, he still acts only as a demon. He makes me sick. And knowing that he caused her to forget everyone. That really hurts."

Magnus tightened his arms around Alec, "Its only temporary, her amnesia. It isn't as if she has forgotten completely. She will remember, and she is making some progress. Her memory is coming back quite quickly, she may have it all back by the end of the day." He sighed lightly, "As for Sebastian. We all hate him, and what he did to her, but we all know how Clary is too, and Jace. They are not going to stop until he is dead and they can be happy.

"I don't know how he could do that to his own sister, I really don't. You would think he would love his sister and want to protect her from people like himself, but he doesn't. Lilith is a greater demon, so maybe her blood had more of an effect and burned out all of the good. Even if he does have Shadowhunter blood."

Alec relaxed in Magnus's grip and turned around to look at him. "I know it, I really do. I just don't understand it. I think about Isabelle and I think, 'I am not going to let anyone hurt my little sister.' And I look at Clary like my little sister too. So it makes it really hard for me because it feels like we could have done something for her to keep that from happening. I mean, what if..."

Magnus tensed, "What if, what? Are you thinking what I think that you're thinking?"

Alec nodded, "I think I am."

Magnus stared into his eyes, and saw exactly what the worry was, "I don't know, I guess all we can do is hope."

Maryse sat at the desk in the library, Robert was sitting in front of her. They had just dismissed Luke and Jocelyn, letting them rest in a bedroom for the night, knowing that they wouldn't want to leave Clary.

"Maryse?" asked Robert, bringing her out of her mental monologue.

She looked up at him, his once bright blue eyes had dimmed to a dull and stormy blue. "Yes," she asked.

"Are you alright? With everything going on, I know it is a stupid question to ask, but how are you doing? Do you need anything?" His voice was strained with concern.

She smiled a tense smile, "I am alright. I am as good as anyone can be in this particular situation I suppose."

"I thought someone needed to ask. You are tending to everyone else's needs besides your own," he said as he stood up and walked over to the back sideboard. Turning back around, he approached the desk with a bottle of wine and two wine glasses.

Setting them down on the desk, he poured them each a glass of the old exquisite drink. Maryse smiled and reached for her glass. "You read my mind."

Robert chuckled, "I was always pretty good at that."

Maryse took a drink and closed her eyes. Setting the glass on the desk she buried her face in her hands, "I don't know what to do. I don't think I can handle it anymore. It is just so exhausting, I don't think I can do it." Maryse sobbed into her hands. "Everyone depends on me for something, and it feels as if it is the whole world rather than just few people."

Robert went behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders, rubbing them down to take away some tension. "Imagine how Clary feels. She must feel as if everyone depends on her every day. Her mother wants her to be the greatest person ever and to never end up like Jonathon. With her rune power, Idris counts on her and wants her in the front lines of every battle we have. She feels inclined to help everyone all around her because they have helped her in some way. Isabelle has given her a sister, Alec gave her a real brother that loves her. Magnus has kept her from giving up her whole life. Simon gave her a friendship that can never be broken. Luke gave her the unconditional love of a father that she has never seen. You. You gave her the courage to stand and fight, gotten her the training and the help she has needed to become an accomplished Shadowhunter. And Jace. He has given her love, compassion, shown his vulnerability to her, saved her so many times, and shows her that no matter what happens, he will always love her.

"Everyone she loves has given her something that she feels she needs to return back to them in fight and sacrifice. She loves them all so much, that she would give herself up for them. Imagine what pressure that puts on her."

Maryse shook her head, "I never thought about it like that."

Robert stood, still rubbing her shoulders, taking the pain and stress away, "I don't think that anyone has thought of it that way dear."