Protection

***Hello my beautiful readers! I know it has been forever since my last update and I am so sorry! I tried to make this one long but not so long that it took away from the final chapter. Yes, I said it. Final Chapter. The next one I publish will be the last chapter of this book, but do not fret, there is another story in process. Well, technically two stories in the process. I will be alternating between the sequel to this one, as well as a mundane version. I will post on here as soon as I have finished up some final details on the mundane story. But I shall not pester anymore and give you all what you have been awaiting! Read on at your own risk!

Magnus was resting his head on Alec's chest, listening to his breathing and feeling his soft heartbeat through his skin. He was sleeping which made it more steady and easy and soft. Curling himself around Alec, Magnus inhaled his scent and felt a sense of protectiveness and love fall over him. He nuzzled his face into Alec's chest and felt his heartbeat on his cheeks, eyes, lips, and nose.

Placing his lips over his heart, Magnus kissed him sweetly, swallowing his heartbeat. Alec reached a hand down and cradled Magnus's head and brought their lips together and they were kissing sweetly with a soft yet burning passion. Magnus felt his heart kick into overdrive and it sent him into a frenzy. He pulled himself up and laid his lean body over Alec's toned one. And from there they fell into love all over again.

Clary stood up, cradling her baby belly with one hand and the other on her lower back. Her hair was down to her waist now and was eight months pregnant and there was no sign of Sebastian. She was getting frustrated being in Idris. It wasn't that she didn't love being there and in her and Jace's amazing home, it was just that she was starting to get a little home sick. She missed Taki's, Java Jones, and even Forbidden Planet. All of the things that she was familiar with.

With the thoughts of the geeky atmosphere that she loved so much, with the stands of comic books and the shelves of her favorite manga's, she took her plate over to the sink. Jace wasn't far behind her. His golden eyes watching her wherever she went, even if it was just a slight movement, like blinking.

Jace was increasingly worried about Clary and the baby because there was still no attention from Sebastian, and rather than take that as a good sign like most of the other Shadowhunters, he knew better and knew that it was him just trying to get them to make a mistake and then pounce.

His closeness was sweet and made Clary feel safer, but it was starting to get on her eight months, hormonal, pregnant nerves. He could be standing on the other side of the house and she could pretty much feel him breathing down her neck. When he stood up to approach her, Clary turned and glared at him.

"Okay." She put her hand on her hip and her right hand on her belly, rubbing up and down. "I love you. I really do," her eyes were striking and pinning Jace in his place. "But you really need to back off a little bit. I swear, even when I blink you seem to think something is wrong. Stop. I'm starting to feel smothered."

Jace just opened his mouth and closed it back up. He slowly sat back down into his chair and watched her. "I'm sorry." Jace clasped his hands together. "It's just that when I'm not watching you, I feel like something bad is going to happen. I mean think about it. Every time I haven't been around you, Sebastian has attacked you. So, if you aren't in my line of sight I get a little anxious. I have to be close to you, I can't risk it."

Clary sighed and walked over to Jace, putting her hands on his shoulders and settling herself into his lap comfortably. Jace just looked up at her with his beautiful amber eyes that devoured her and made her insides stir. Smiling, she leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips and pulled away so their lips were only a millimeter apart. "I get that. I really do, but you can't protect me and this baby from everything, Jace. No matter how much you want to. It isn't that easy. And when Sebastian shows up, we'll be ready. I know that there are risks. There always are, but you can't watch me all of the time."