Chapter 2 : "Goodbye, my first love"

What? This news was great but I'm not ready to move out of America yet. I cannot leave everything behind. Most essentially how can I leave the man I love behind? Even though it is unrequited but my heart longed for him. I would kill to be with him. And no the going abroad atomic bomb cannot drop. My heart felt like the city of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Broken. Destroyed. But I have to get over it soon.

"That's great mom. But can't I apply in Yale or maybe New York university?" I know what the answer will be but I impose on reasoning.

"No. You cannot make a blunder of turning down the admission of WBCS  University. People die to get into WBCS and you cannot let that opportunity slide. You got in there so you have to study there. No buts."
Here goes with her speech now.

"But what about the things in New York? What about my dogs? What about dog show? What about my friends?" What about Charles. I wished I could say that loud. But honestly it's way too soon.

"You will come back after 3 years anyway! Once you complete your bachelor degree in English, you can get a job and move in back here."

"Mom you can't do this to me! 3 years is a huge thing." I cried. Tears gradually rolled down my cheeks. I need to get out of here.

I just went up to my room. I put on some sweats, and left with my phone.

I dialed the number which topped in my favourites.

A ring later. "Hello?" His voice. I could keep my phone on standby and listen to his voice all day.

"Charles..." I tried to gather the strength to speak.

"What's wrong? Are you crying?" His voice was concerned.

"Can you meet me in 10?" I took a deep breath and spoke the words out.

"Send me your location. I'll be on my way."

I hung up. I turned on my location service and sent him my location.

15 minutes later...

I sat in the lonely park bench. It's 10:50 pm, so the park was empty. Not even a whisper heard. It was quite chilly as well as creepy. My decision was really impulsive. I shouldn't have left home this late.

Suddenly I felt a breath on my shoulders. I turned my head back in a reflex.

It was Charles. I got up from the bench and faced him. Our eyes met for the first time in a while. I didn't need to say anything, I just wrapped his arms around his body. I rubbed my head against his chest. He held me tighter.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

"No...." I shuddered.

"You can tell me if there's anything." He broke the hug and held my holders. My gaze met his again.

"I'm moving out..." I could no longer hold back my tears. It felt like an involuntary action.

He rubbed the tear off my cheeks and spoke "where?" His expression was quite troubled as well.

"England. I got into WBCS." I should be happy but I cannot pretend. I refuse to do so.

"That's a great news..." he said and paused.

"It's not a good news." I was in his arms again.

"I don't want to leave New York. I don't want to leave you guys..." I wanted to say Charles, I don't want to leave you. But the words never escaped my lips.

"We're not going anywhere. We will wait for your return. And you can always contact me and visit us on vacations. Do not let this opportunity slide." He rubbed his arms around my shoulders.

"I'm going to miss you." I faced him with my puffy and red eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere. FaceTime me daily." He tried to console my broken heart but that won't help.

"Can I ask you for one last thing before leaving?" I want this. This will be the best thing before leaving.

"Anything." He said.

I didn't say another word. I popped my legs up and sealed my lips with his.