Chapter 31

I wish I could say that was the end of the story, that I forgot all about Jennie and I lived happily ever after with Rosé. I mean it would have been a good ending, right? Underdog wins warrior race, kisses the girl, and gets ambushed by a bunch of friends she didn't even know she had. You know, sounded pretty epic to me.

Sadly, or hmm, well you will have to see. Maybe not so sadly, the story isn't over just yet.

Even I thought the story was over. You see it's been months since Jennie and I have spoken. She really isn't my friend anymore. She hangs with a new crowd now. People much more her style I guess. They are always talking loudly and laughing. People who always have to be the center of attention. The ones who know all the drama that goes on. Yeah... That's who she is now. Or maybe, that's who she's always been.

It's summertime now. I passed Bio with a B+ so mom let me go with Rosé to her beach house. We aren't alone. Jisoo and Bobby are with us, they are dating now. It's funny, but they go perfect together. They even won the cutest couple of the year. Hanbin is also with us with his new girlfriend, get this, Irene! I don't hate Hanbin as much as I did when he was with Jennie. He's okay I guess, but I still think he has a dumb face. Hehe.

With Jennie not in the picture anymore, Rosé and I have been living our happily ever after. She really is perfect. We've been back together ever since the warrior race. So what have you missed? Well, I learned how to drive for real this time and got my learners permit. Minnie has a boyfriend, Minnie has a boyfriend, Minnie had a boyfriend hehe. I like to tease her about it. She always gets all red in the face when I do, I guess she gets that from me.

My mom has planned our vacation around Thailand. We will be gone for like two weeks. Rosé says she might come down to Thailand just to see me. Apparently, her family owns a vacation house down there, because of course, they do. Rosé's family and I well... we don't get along that well. I mean I can get along with Rosé's parents just fine, even her cousins. But her aunts, her uncles, her grandparents, not so much. Ever since I blew up on them and dumped Rosé for Jennie they all have a sour taste in their mouth about me. I've even heard them say that I am just using Rosé for her money and they keep trying to convince Rosé to dump me. It has sort of put a rift between Rosé and her family. They are not as close as they once were.

Anyways! I was outside at the beach house just trying not to get a sunburn. Irene was laying out next to me. Rosé was grilling with Hanbin, and Jisoo and Bobby were horsing around in the water. The sun was high in the sky and it was pretty toasty outside.

"Babe, how many you want!" Hanbin called to Irene.

"Just two." She was talking about the sausage he was making for hotdogs.

"This is nice isn't it?" Irene turned to me.

"Yeah," I said dreamily staring at Rosé.

Rosé winked at me which caused me to blush.

Irene giggled, "You two are hopeless for each other."

"I can't help it. She's perfect." I say.

"Hey so long as I get to come to these beach houses, she's perfect in my eyes too." She playfully nudged me.

I laughed.

"Hey wifey, you two talking about me?" Rosé walked over to us.

"Maybe," I smirked up at her.

She outstretched her hands to me and helped me up off the floor. Then she pulled me into her and kissed me.

"Mmm, it's been too long since I kissed you." She smiled against my lips.