Chapter 8

At the morning assembly I wait as my fate is to be announced, or so Principal Sandara told me. She wants to make an example of me in front of everyone. So I stand by her side on the stage and wait for the verdict. By the happy smirk on vice principal Seungri's lips I have a feeling I know where this is going.

"Attention, attention. Everyone I have an announcement to make, due to the recent pranks I---"

"Wait!" Jennie shouts, cutting off Principal Sandara.

I give her a confused look.

Then she sticks her fingers in her mouth and whistles really loud.

Then I hear a cowbell being played, then the whole Drumline comes marching in! Playing We're Not Going to Take It by Twisted Sister. Jennie grabs a mic and stands on the table.

"We're not gonna take it

No, we ain't gonna take it

Oh, we're not gonna take it anymore!"

Someone pulls out their guitar and plugs it into an amp and turns it up loud. He starts shredding along to the song. People start standing on tables and jumping around like crazy. Hanbin runs up on the stage and grabs the mic right out of Principal Sandara's hands, she is taken aback.

"We've got the right to choose it

There ain't no way we'll lose it

This is our life, this is our song" he sings.

"We'll fight the powers that be just

Don't pick our destiny 'cause

You don't know us, you don't belong" Jennie hops from one table to the next.

Then the entire senior class runs up on stage and starts to sing along.

"Oh we're not gonna take it

No, we ain't gonna take it

Oh we're not gonna take it anymore"

A guy in the senior class known for playing rock n' roll takes the mic from Hanbin. His hair is all crazy and his face is painted, he has on a rocker outfit. He gets right in vice principal Seungri's face.

"Oh you're so condescending

Your gall is never ending

We don't want nothin', not a thing from you"

"Your life is trite and jaded

Boring and confiscated

If that's your best, your best won't do" Jennie runs on the table and jumps on the stage.

Why am I not surprised that she pulled something like this? I can't help but giggle as she walks over to me and wraps her arm around my waist, looking Principal Sandara in the face. Everyone crowds around the stage now and sings along.

"Oh Oh

We're right (yeah)

We're free (yeah)

We'll fight (yeah)

You'll see (yeah)" everyone cheers as many of the teachers march in and join in on the fun, singing along.

"Oh we're not gonna take it

No, we ain't gonna take it

Oh we're not gonna take it anymore