Chapter 71

"Rae, you look stunning." I clear my throat. "This is definitely the dress."

"Are you crying?" Rae looks at me shocked.

"No, now go buy the dress so we can leave." I look away hiding my tears.

"Actually, Marie, can you hold onto this dress and veil until tomorrow? My parents want to pay for the dress so I need to call them and tell them the total amount." Rae smiles at Marie.

"Of course! We will hold it until closing tomorrow." Marie pats Rae's hand.

"Thank you so much! I will go change and then we can leave." Rae walks away giddy.

After ten minutes or so Rae walks back out. She hands the dress and veil to Marie. We say our goodbyes and then leave the store. Rae basically skips to the car from how happy she is.

"Why didn't you just buy that dress? I know you had the money for it." I ask.

"I'm waiting until we go to the other wedding dress store tomorrow. I might find something better." Rae smiles.

"You lied? I can't believe it!" I tease Rae. "You are not going to find a dress as great as that one."

"That's probably true, but there is nothing wrong with looking around." Rae says matter of factly.

"That's my philosophy on dating." I joke, but Rae glares at me. I raise my hands in surrender and say, "I'm kidding."

"You better be. Niall is the one for you." McKenna rambles on like this the whole way back to Niall's. I sit here and just listen. It's better to just agree then to argue with a pregnant woman. When we pull up to Niall's place Rae looks over at me. "I would come in and say hi, but Harry and his mom are waiting for me. Tell Niall hi."

"I will. See you tomorrow." I climb out of her car and walk into Niall's home. I hear the TV playing so I walk into the living room. Niall is sitting on the edge of the couch watching some soccer game. I walk over to him and ask, "what are you watching?"

"Hey! I didn't even hear you come in." Niall smiles at me. "How was it?"

"Exhausting, but good. Rae found the perfect dress, but won't buy it until we go to the fancy wedding dress store." I sigh at how ridiculous it is. "Sorry we were gone for so long. Who knew wedding dress shopping could take three hours."

"Its her wedding day, let her be picky and weird about it." Niall chuckles.

"Easy for you to say. You don't have to sit through it." I roll my eyes. "The owner was there and she is a old lady and she kept rambling on and on about love and finding the right person."

"Shouldn't you love that since you know, you found love." Niall asks confused.

"I guess, but I mean just because I'm in love that doesn't mean I revolve around you." I'm not like Rae. "You aren't the center of my universe."

"Wow, you say the sweetest things to me." Niall looks away from me. "I thought we were over this one step forward two steps back. I guess you will always be scared to commit."

Niall stands up, grabs his crutches, and slowly walks away. I wait a few minutes to figure out how to fix this. I then walk into Niall's room and find him sitting on his bed. I internally groan. Everything was fine until Niall told me that he loved me while he was trying to do it with me.

"Niall, that's not what I meant." I walk over to him and sit next to him.

"What did you mean then, Jess?"

"You know, everything was fine until this morning." I wasn't going to bring this up, but I'm listening to my gut.

"Until I tried to make love to you?" Niall causally asks.