The Nightmare Before Christmas (pt.2)

Your POV

I woke up with a jolt, immediately sitting upright on my bed. I gasped, and had a major fast heartbeat. Almost like it was gonna burst right inside of my chest.

I took a minute to look around my room to make sure that there was nothing out of the ordinary. After a quick inspection, I slowly laid back down on my bed and tried to steady my heartbeat with slow and steady breathing.

Man! What kind of dream was that?! That has got to be the strangest or one of the strangest dreams I've ever had! It's got to be either a nightmare, or a night terror. I don't know.

Once my breathing returned to normal, I got up, took a shower, got dressed for the day, and headed out of my room to the cafeteria. (Or how you do your routine)

I hope I can put some food in my stomach. Sometimes a nightmare can be so scary that I lose my appetite. And not just me though. Some other Smashers experience the same loss of appetite as well.

When I walked into the cafeteria I immediately went in line to get my breakfast. In fear of not being able to eat a whole meal, I just decided to get a cereal bar and water. Once I got them and got out of the line, I decided to look for Shulk and talk to him about that terrible dream I had.

After a few seconds I saw him sitting at a table talking with Rosalina, Pit, Ness, Peach, and Marth. I couldn't help but overhear their conversation. They all had the same look of fear and concern on their faces. Turns out, they were all talking about the same nightmare I had. It's so odd and I guess "abnormal" for ALL of us to have that same EXACT dream.

Hmmm... Should I get in the conversation or no? Well they are talking about the same thing sooo... Yeah I'll sit with them. I was going to talk with Shulk anyways about this.

So I joined the chat and ate my cereal bar. What I didn't know was that a certain someone in a different group was listening and was pretending to worry.

Time Skip

Finally it's bedtime! Hopefully there won't be any nightmares tonight. There were some Smashers that tried to take naps earlier today but they all just ended up with the same result: waking up from a nightmare. Or a "napmare". That's what Ness calls it. That kid sure has the power of imagination I tell ya.

Although, all the "napmares" were different with each Smasher. From the info I've gathered, it sounded like they were all based on the Smashers' fears and worries. Things like monsters, disasters, enemies being victorious, friends becoming enemies or dying, etc.

So I was in the hallway walking back to my room and I thought to myself, Glad I didn't take a nap earlier today. If I did, then I don't know if it'll happen or not. I'd rather not. Dreams can come true after all. And if dreams come true, so can nightmares.

So I entered my room and got ready for bed. Just before I could get into bed, I decided to put up a nightlight in the room near my bed. It's a motion sensor nightlight so if anyone comes in, the little light would turn on and the bright light would wake me up. And if that happens, Gotcha! Off to the Hand brothers you go! But even though it'll be the middle of the night, it'll just be one time and everyone should be able to sleep peacefully afterwards.

But I didn't know that my plan would be futile. It happened again.

Time Skip

So we currently all are in the auditorium with the Hands after breakfast. After a different Smasher reported this new nightmare we all had to the Hands, the 2 called for a meeting.

In that nightmare, we saw and spoke to that human-like "thing" again. It didn't take off its cloak, spoke in that man-woman voice, and said a bunch of mean and crazy things.

"Alright everyone. Me and Crazy have been told that you all have been having difficulties trying to sleep peacefully after having these major nightmares of yours. Not only do you all look tired, but you're also not doing well in your battles, are eating smaller meals, unsuccessfully taking naps, and so on.". Way to state the obvious Master Hand... "For now, why don't you all retrieve your pillows and hand them to me and Crazy. We'll try these out ourselves. As a substitute for tonight, use your spare pillow cases and stuff them with whatever you have, can use, or find around the mansion. And until this problem is solved, none of you can spar or participate in any battles." And so the Hands dismissed everyone and we all did what he said.

"Well there's one positive thing about this problem. It's that we don't have to fight or train until this is over. Hehe.", said Reflet. Me and her were in a chat with Pittoo, Peach, and Luigi. We were walking around outside to freshen ourselves up and I said, "That's true. And that's another reason why you're a tactician: cuz you're so smart.". "Thanks (Y/N).".

3rd person POV

While everyone was moving on, enjoying their day, (d/s) was walking around, monitoring all the Smashers. He/she wanted to be alone for a while before talking to anyone else.

Shortly after monitoring everyone, (d/s) went to join in the conversation with (Y/N) and the others.

Nobody knew that (d/s) was causing this since he's/she's such a good actor/actress.

Time Skip

It's now nightime and everyone went to sleep, including the Hands and (d/s). The Hands slept peacefully that night. But it wasn't on their purpose though. They wanted to get nightmares like the Smashers.

(D/s) had made a plan just in case the Hands did this pillow exchange. He/She thought that if the Hands did this, then what was in the pillows wouldn't affect the two brothers. Instead, they would either get good dreams or no dreams. The Smashers were the only ones that would be negatively affected.

In the pillows are a black, fuzzy cotton that when someone lies down on it to sleep, they'd get a nightmare of their worst fear or fears, and once in a while, talk to that certain "someone". But when talking to "them", the Smasher(s) would be tied up to a pole, chained to a chair, or hanging by a weak chain over a pool of jumping piranhas with mini wings. And all this in nothing but pitch black darkness.

Time Skip: Morning

Everyone was just waking up, getting up and getting ready. Taking showers, brushing their teeth, brushing or combing their hair, getting dressed, etc. But when they finished, they didn't go to the cafeteria. Instead they went to the auditorium.

"Alright everyone. We hope you were able to sleep well last night without using your original pillows. Unfortunately, Crazy and I didn't have a nightmare of that person you've been talking about.", stated Master Hand. The Smashers weren't happy that the 2 slept peacefully.

But to make things worse, Christmas was coming in just 2 days! How is this problem gonna be fixed in time?! Little did they know, a bigger problem was coming.

To be continued
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the late New Year's story. I've been busy with school vacation assignments for over a week! If you're not in HS yet, prepare yourself for long, hard, time consuming tasks. If you're in HS, you should know what I mean.