7

☆

CATALINA HID BESIDE the Pevensies and Trumpkin as they crouched down behind a massive pile of cut down trees, her heart thumped as she watched the Telmarines hack away at the bark of the trees, and cutting them into shape. There was possibly hundreds of men working on a large contraption, Catalina's heart broke just looking at how corrupt her home had gotten.

The sound of galloping sent a flare of fear through everyone, and the girl was pulled back, out of sight, straight into Peters chest. The girl blushed involuntarily at they boys closeness.
Susan, who hid beside the two, took a shaky breath in before turning to Peter

"Perhaps this wasn't the best way after all." She muttered to the older boy. Peter looked down in defeat, before releasing Catalina from his grasp and slowly retreated away from the log pile and into the dense woods. The rest of them soon followed as they once again, backtracked towards the gorge where Lucy had seen Aslan.

THE SIX WERE back at cliff side where Peter had taken them in the first place. "Where do you think you saw Aslan?" The older boy asked, his skeptical tone sounding harsh and rude.

Lucy looked hurt at her brothers words, "I wish you'd all stop acting like grown-ups. I didn't think I saw him, I did see him." She said, turning on her heel, "It was right around...". Suddenly the ground collapsed under Lucy and she screamed in fear. Catalina rushed forward with the Kings and queens only to realise Lucy had only fallen a few feet below, onto a small ledge.

Lucy grinned, "... here." She finished, patting the ground beside her. Looking down and examining beneath her, Catalinas eyes seemed to trapse along a steep and narrow path going slantwise down into the gorge between rocks.

Peter was soon to jump down beside his younger sister, before assisting Susan and Edmund. Catalina sat down slowly, as she locked eyes with Peter.

"Please don't drop me..." Catalina pleaded, her fear of heights intensifying to the max.

"I won't...I promise." Peter reassured the girl, as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath in before jumping down. She could feel the boy help steady her on the narrow ledge, his hands gripping just above her elbows.

"See!" Peter grinned triumphantly, "I didn't drop you!"

Catalina thanks him and continued on
As soon as they'd all clambered down the muddy notch, They cautiously walked down the path, as it led them to the bed of the river, where they crossed over using stepping stones.

In front, Lucy slipped and Trumpkin clutched her tightly, making sure she was steady before letting go. Catalina stepped precariously across the rocks, wobbling very so often, but keeping a perfect poise. Who would've thought that Prunaprismia's lessons on having the perfect stature would come in handy?

THE SUN HAD SET over the mystical woodland, and the four Pevensies, Catalina Trumpkin huddled around the fire that Peter had constructed. Catalina stared at the sky in wonder, her teeth gnawing on her bottom lip out of habit. She had heard Susan and Lucy's previous conversation, even if she did try to drown out the voices. She shifted uncomfortably on the ground, turning to face the fire. The girl had never slept outside before, but from the tales she read- she expected the ground to be like a grassy, soft bed but it was quite the opposite.

Catalina let her gaze linger on the fire, she felt her mother's tune drift into her mind as she gazed at the flickering flames that danced through the darkness. Her mother used to love the concept of fire- how a fire could restore hearth and heat to a family.

"You seem to hum that melody a lot, if you don't mind me asking, what is it?" A voice whispered from beside her. Catalina lifted her head onto her hand as she looked towards the eldest King.

"My mother would sing it to my brother and I to comfort us," Catalina murmured, with a sorrowful smile, "It's the only thing of hers that truly reminds me that she is still with me- maybe not physical, but she's here".

Peter nodded, "It's nice," the boy whispered in reply, "It's reminds me of home."

Catalina smiled softly, "It has the tendency to do that." She spoke, "It seems to calm me down a lot in times of tragedy."

"I like it." Peter replies with a small grin, "-but you should try to get some sleep. We have a long journey ahead of us."

Catalina nodded, "Goodnight, King Peter." She said as she rested her head in her arms, closing her eyes in the process.

"Please, call me Peter..." the boy chuckled, shifting on the grass. "Goodnight Catalina." And with that Catalina drifted off into a slumber, filled with dreams she'd never dreamt before. She felt happy/ content even.

She felt free.

CATALINA FELT A SOFT poke to her arm, she scrunched her nose and turned over onto her side earning a groan from the person above her.

"Um- sorry- Miss...Princess Catalina you might want to wake up" Edmund said awkwardly, scratching the back of his head, looking around.

Catalina slowly opened her eyes, letting herself come to terms with her surroundings. She pushed herself onto her feet, standing upright. "Where is everyone?" She asked curiously,her hands drifting down to smoothen out her dress until she heard the far off sounds of arguing.

"The noise is coming from over there." Edmund replied, gesturing for the girl to follow him as he pushed passed bushes, Susan and Trumpkin quick behind. Catalina could hear the faint sound of swords clashing, and she felt her blood run cold, what if someone was attacking them? She didn't have a weapon! What was she going to use in defence?!

Peter!" Susan yelled, running ahead of Edmund and Catalina, rounding the corner with Trumpkin behind her. Both Edmund and Catalina followed the noise, stopping suddenly in their tracks beside Lucy.

Catalinas heart sped up at the sight, a vast number of Narnians surrounded them, and at the center of it all was her brother, pointing a sword towards Peter. The girl felt like fainting- but she knew it would only be a bother to the others. Caspian seemed to be gazing at the sword in his hand before he looked back up at Peter.

"High King Peter" her brother stated, his eyes drifting towards the side , when his eyes locked with his sisters. Catalinas mouth opened, still trying to process the situation, she noticed the boy freeze and tense upon seeing her.

"Catalina?!"

My babies are reUNITED !

Love you all, please love me and this really chapter x

Bye for now!