Angie seemed satisfied with that answer, and wandered in the direction of Noelle's bedroom, collecting a toy from the floor on the way.

"I'm Marcus." He stood up, and walked over with his hand outstretched. "I'm Angie's babysitter."

"Steve Rogers." I shook his hand firmly, offering him a small smile as I heard Angie begin singing down the hall.

"I can't believe it's actually true." He chuckled, "Noelle told me she was spending the night with you and her sisters, but you have to admit, it's crazy that you guys are..." he trailed off, shrugging slightly.

"Soulmates?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah. Big fan, by the way. Although I'm more of an Iron Man kind of guy." He popped a grape into his mouth, from the bowl placed to the side in the kitchen, and wandered back to the sofas.

"Marcus!" Angie's shout travelled the length of the apartment, before Noelle's hushed voice told her off for shouting indoors. Angie soon appeared in the doorway, head tilted to the side. "Marcus, can we watch a film?"

Marcus glanced over his shoulder, "Sure sweetheart, but you need to go to bed soon."

Angie was already pouting, "But then you get to watch films without me."

Marcus rolled his eyes with a chuckle. "I have a pile of boring homework to do, don't you worry - I won't be having any fun after you go to bed."

Noelle interrupted Angie's argument before she had a chance to speak, as she walked down the hall and crouched next to her daughter. "I'm going now, are you going to be good for Marcus?"

Angie nodded, "Yes Mummy."

"And are you going to go to bed on time?"

Angie pouted, but nodded again. "Yes Mummy."

"Alright sweetheart, I'll see you in the morning okay? I love you." She leant forward, and pressed her lips to Angie's forehead before pecking the tip of her nose. Angie giggled, and walked with Marcus to wave Noelle and I out of the door.

"Alone again." Noelle murmured, hooking her arm through mine.

I couldn't help the hum of agreement. After the bliss day we'd managed to share together in complete privacy, I had dreamt of the chance to spend time alone with Noelle again.

"You look beautiful." I told her, as I lifted my arm to wrap it protectively around her shoulders.

Her hand lifted to hold onto my forearm, her thumb drifting lazily in small circles as we stepped into the cool breeze outside. "Thank you." She grinned up at me, "You don't look too bad yourself."

I squeezed her closer for a second, letting her perfume drift around my nose. I could almost feel the image of our shared sign grow another leaf as we walked close together down the street.

"Are you nervous?" Her voice broke into my thoughts.

"Nervous about what?" I asked, glancing back down at her.

She gestured with a hand, waving it through the air. "Me meeting Bucky and Amelie properly. I know they mean a lot to you."

I shrugged. She was right, I was nervous, and it was odd that she picked up on it so easily. She seemed to have the ability to read me like an open book.

"I hope they like me." Her voice fell to a whisper, and as the bar drew closer into our line of vision, I pulled her gently to the side of the pavement.

"Of course they will like you! You're... you are you! That's enough reason to love you." I gushed, holding her hands as she looked away, a slight tint of red warming her cheeks.