4. Aliens

Natasha's POV

Hell was definitely the place I was brought to. Well, at least I think so.

All of my body ached uncomfortably. My head was pounding hard, like a hammer was hitting it over and over.

Of course. Only those who go to Heaven get a soothing afterlife. Not hell, though. Hell is all pain and torture and burn. Not like I have been there, but so they say.

I knew I had lost consciousness after the fall, during my way here; right after I was caught. I know because I couldn't remember: how long it took to get here, the way we went, the demon that carried me. Not opening my eyes was something I regretted, maybe I wouldn't have passed out. Guess I did felt a bit scared of death.

Now my consciousness was back, but I was afraid to open my eyes. I was afraid I would meet all the people I hated here, all the ones I have killed. Afraid I would find them and they would kick my butt, make my life a living hell.

What a disappointment. Me? Doubting myself? Thinking of myself as weak? Carol would definitely burst out laughing on my face.

She would make a witty remark, I bet. And I would love it, of course.

After I met her... Being very honest with myself I didn't like her. I blame the doubt in myself after the decimation. Half of the world had disappeared and she just arrived, out of nowhere, claiming that we might win if we tried, just because she was here now.

I have not yet seen it; the expanse of her power, but she must be pretty amazing for a hero that fights crime around the whole universe, on her own. And she brought back Tony, with her bare hands. She could probably be as powerful as Thor. Who knows if more? With the stories she's told me, I bet if we had her before, none of this would had happened. And I am talking about all of the wars the Avengers has been through.

To be clear, I am not blaming her. Life's meant to be hard, and other worlds needed saving.

Although I do feel jealous the universe has her, and we didn't... I didn't.

Oh gosh.

Here was I. In the afterlife, thinking about Carol Danvers.

Maybe I do... wish I could have seen her one last time before I died.

But again... she had the universe to look after.

Suddenly the sound of a flash going off ripped me of my thoughts.

Lightning in hell?

No, I heard giggles.

"Mix! Malla!" The potent voice of a man broke through, "What are you kids doing in this room snapping photographs?!"

Kids?

Why were there kids in hell? Aren't they the purest thing in the world?

I managed to open just one eye, just to see where I was. Everything seemed white, and bright.

Weird thing number one; everything in hell is... white?

"Lord, Talos!" One of the kids exclaimed, although I couldn't see them with just one eye half opened.

I heard scrambling.

The rougher voice grunted. "Come back here, you!"

With a lot of ache, I lifted my upper body in a quick move. Both my eyes fluttered open by now, and they hurt by the whiteness and the brightness of the room.

"Hey! You're awake!"

I looked at the owner of the voice

Weird thing number two: He was green and kind alienish looking with reptilian skin. Wasn't the devil supposed to be red with a tail and pointy horns?