Your Insecure

Luke: You sat on your beach towel as you admired the scenery around you. Your eyes set on each person for a few seconds before a tiny girl in an even tinier swim suit ran towards the beach. You bit your lip when you saw her thigh gap. You looked down at your thighs, and then stood up to see if they touched. They did. Luke looked up from his book and asked you what you were doing. 
"My thighs touch," you mumbled. Luke closed his book and stood next to you. 
"You say that as if it’s a bad thing." He said. You looked at him, bottom lip trembling. 
"It means I’m…" 
He put your hand over your mouth. “No, don’t you dare finish that. What kind of word is fat? This,” he said as he gestured to your body,”is you. And I love every inch.” You looked down at your feet. 
"Thank you Luke." You whispered. 
He brought you into his arms and kissed your hair. “God I wish I could take away every insecurity you have and show you what I see. From your touching thighs to that little crinkle in your eye when you smile, it’s all too perfect. Why don’t you see that?” He said to himself more than to you. But you heard every word, and a warm smile appeared on your face. Luke was it. He was the ‘perfect’ you had searched for for yourself.

Calum: You searched through the fridge because you were hungry…again. You glanced at pudding and an apple. 'No…I already had some pie. No, I'll just skip lunch…no, I did that yesterday…' you debated as you reached for the pudding. But by the time you got a spoon, you weren't hungry, at least that's what you forced your mind to think. You were supposed to have lunch with Calum but now you didn't want to. You could cancel but…no, you could just go and get something small. At the restaurant were you wanted to meet, you got a coffee and nothing else. 
"Hey baby," he said as he bent down to kiss you. He ordered a sandwich, soup, and coke. "Didn’t you want anything?" He asked when you declined to order. 
"No. I I already ate." 
"You ate before you came to lunch? Why? What was the point of lunch?" 
"I just-" 
"Are you skipping meals, again?" 
"No! Why would you-" 
"Damn you’re so impossible. What have you eaten today?" 
"A piece of toast…" 
"I knew it." He pushed his sandwich away, appetite lost. 
"Calum, I sorry!" You begged. He looked dead in your eyes and you swore you saw the glint of tears. 
"No, I’m sorry. I’m sorry you can’t see what you’re doing to yourself. I just can’t fathom the mind set you have that forces you to think not eating is okay." 
"I went up a size in pants." You whispered. 
"Babe, that’s fine. It’s one size. It is no big deal. Yeah I sound mean but it’s true. This is not the way to lose weight. It’s a way to lose everything else." He took your hand. "I will help you, any way I can. Please let me." You wiped a tear from his eye and nodded. 
"Okay." And you signaled the waiter.

Michael: You took off your shirt and tested the water again. You took a second to examine yourself in the mirror and poked your nose. Too big. And your hair. What was it that you always told yourself? Rat’s nest, that was it. You sighed and heard the door open. 
"Can I join you?" Michael asked. You and Michael got into the shower and Michael immediately put his hands on you and began to caress your stomach. "Damn you’re so sexy," he whispered. You looked away from him as your frowned deepened. "Did I say something?" He asked, suddenly alarmed. 
"Yeah, you’re lying." 
"About what?" 
"I’m not sexy." 
Michael pulled you closer with one hand and used his other hand to move your head to look at him. “I don’t lie. If anything, I do not lie. You are fucking beautiful.” 
"No I’m not. My nose is too big and my hair always looks shitty and I don’t understand how you could look at me sometimes." Michael put his hand over your mouth. 
"You know what I see? I see a beautiful woman who I want to hold and know I won’t crush her because she’s tough as steel. I see someone who I can have funny face competitions with and do her make up very badly when I’m bored. I see someone who makes me feel sexy and wanted when she and I cuddle or dance in the club or make love. I can’t stand the thought of you being insecure because you are so bright and full of life. You are drop dead sexy, Y/N." The warm water cascaded down on you and Michael, who held you as close as he could. 
"Thank you, Michael," you whispered.

Ashton: You ran faster and faster on the treadmill but you suddenly stopped. You got off and went to the mirror. 'My thighs still jiggle…and I need to do more ab workouts, damn my arms,’ you thought as you pulled and poked at your body. 
The door to the athletic room opened and Ashton walked in. “Babe, it’s 6:30am.” 
"I know. I wanted to get a workout in before I went running." 
"Wait, why? You don’t need to." 
"Yes I do." 
"No, you don’t." He kept countering you and you told him to go away and leave you alone. "No, I will not go. I can see what you’re doing to yourself and I’m not going to let it happen. How long have you been doing this sort of thing?" 
"I don’t know and I don’t care. I just want to feel better about myself." "Okay, one: I care. Why? Because I love you and I won’t watch you degrade yourself every time you look in the mirror or every time you order salad for a meal. And two: I understand the feeling better about yourself. I do. And I want you to be the confident, sexy woman I know you are even if you can’t see it. I will help you. We can work out together and buy healthier things when we go shopping and whatever else you think will help. But it will be on certain terms. I want to do this, baby,” he insisted to silence your retort. You sighed and ran into his arms. 
"Thank you," you whispered into his curls. He smiled and kissed your cheek.