Chapter 31 - Aashi/Arjun

"I don't know Arjun..." she felt compelled to say yes but something inside her heart held her back. How could she trust him again? After everything that had happened?

"Please Aashi, give me one more chance" Arjun pleaded. She had to say yes, if she didn't his entire world was going to end. There was no coming back from this.

"How can I trust you Arjun? You went and stayed with Elina's place...you literally spent more time with her than me...I'm last in your list of priorities" How could she forget all that? All those lonely and desolate feelings that had arisen when Arjun had neglected her.

"I know Aashi, but I never cheated on you. I love you more than my life. Let me prove it to you - one last chance."

Aashi examined his face, his eyes - she felt sincerity in his words. She still loved him. Maybe she owed it to her heart to leave no rock unturned - no chance untaken. She could take this chance and see where it went, see if this was worth pursuing. Yes, she would try one more time. Exhaling deeply Aashi took a step toward Arjun. He took the ring out of the box and Aashi placed her hand in his. He slipped the ring on and pulled her in for a hug.

"I promise Aashi, I will never let you down again!" He whispered into her ear.

"You have to fire Elina..." she whispered back. It was nice being in his arms after so long. She fit him perfectly and nothing else felt so right.

"Already done"

"It'll also take me some time to get over some things - I hope you understand." Aashi said pulling back from his embrace.

"I will spend every minute of the remainder of my life helping you get over all the hurt I caused."

Aashi smiled slightly, hoping internally that she was doing the right thing. Arjun reached for her hand and gestured toward the picnic rug. They both sat down and spent the remainder of the night lying in each other's arms.