Chapter 30 - Aashi/Arjun

Aashi sighed and looked at him. It was like his life depended on her agreeing.
"Fine, but only tonight.." she agreed quite unsure. Was this the right decision? She did not know. Aashi would have to wait patiently and see what he had planned in order to judge.
"Thank you so much Aashi!" He said relieved. Arjun was happy about her agreeing, he was pleasantly surprised. Being honest Arjun did not expect her to give him another chance. He guided her to their table and pulled out the chair for her. Arjun had done that on the day of their proposal as well. He tried to recreate the evening as perfect as possible.

"Two chicken Piccata's and wine please." Arjun ordered. Aashi felt odd. That was the same thing they ordered that night. What was he planning? Was it just a coincidence? Aashi just shook off her thoughts, she did not want to remember that night. Why had she agreed on staying. Aashi should have gone back. Arjun did not talk much either, he was afraid if he said something she would take it the wrong way. He wanted the night to be perfect.
Suddenly his phone started to ring. Great Aashi thought. But to her surprise he declined the call.
"I am sorry, I better shut down my phone, I have my focus all on you tonight." He said.
Aashi did not know how to reply.
She did feel happy he declined, but also confused. What was he trying to prove?
Was he trying to change for her? No he could not change from one day to the other. But Arjun did change, he changed for her. Arjun wanted Aashi back in his life more than anything else. He was ready to prove that he was even willing to take a bullet for her.

There was an awkward silence which was luckily interrupted by the waiter brining their food. Both felt a little hungry, so they began to eat.
"Your beauty captures me. But what amazes me is that it is wonderfully combined with your soul." Arjun complimented her. It caused Aashi to blush. Aashi did not want to admit that the compliment touched her, but her cheeks busted her.
"Thank you.." she mumbled.
The awkward silence turned into a more comfortable silence.
They both enjoyed their meal and later Arjun paid for it. Aashi was thankful, now she could go home. But she was not sure anymore if she wanted to distance herself from him. On the one side Aashi still loved Arjun, but on the other side he had hurt her and she could not forget about that so easily. Maybe Aashi could forgive him someday, but forgetting is a harder fight.

"Aashi, I would like you to join me to my next stop."
"Arjun, you wanted me to stay for dinner, so I did. I don't think I should come." She reminded him.
"No, you said you would give me one night and according to my clock the night is not over yet, so just please come with me." He begged yet again.
Aashi sighed. Why does she never think before talking. Now she could not say no. Of course she could say no. But between you and me, her heart did not want to say no.

"Fine.. then let's go, I guess." Aashi said. Arjun had a big smile on his face. That same adorable smile she had fallen in love with. Not to forget to mention his charming eyes. Aashi did not realise she was daydreaming until Arjun took her by her hand. Aashi missed his touch. Only now she realised how much she had craved his touch. One part of her brain said to snatch her hand away, but the other, stronger part wanted to keep on walking like this.
Arjun was glad she did not let go. He thought maybe he had pushed it by taking her hand.

Aashi and Arjun were walking towards a more hidden spot in the park.
A beautiful river complimented the scenery. Only when walking closer Aashi realised what Arjun had planned. If she knew earlier she would have returned straightaway back home. But now it was too late. They walked closer to a wonderfully organised picnic. Everything was beautifully decorated with fairylights, just like in a fairytale. And if you have not guessed already Arjun had tried to recreate their proposal. It was one of the most beautiful nights in Arjun's life. The moment she said yes his life turned for the better. Arjun was going to marry the love of his life. Aashi remembered as well. She was very happy he proposed. They loved one another deeply. And marriage was one way to enclose it.

"Aashi, maybe now you figured out my plan..15 years ago you gave me the honour and became my wife.." he continued and kept holding her hand while looking at her.
"When I saw you for the first time, I noticed your beauty, but then I got to know your beautiful soul, and I understood that you are the one."
Aashi could not say anything even if she wanted to. Her heart melted at his words. Tears started to form. Not out of sadness, but because she was overwhelmed.
"I remember not many hours before meeting you for the first time I was told that I would fall in love with a gorgeous woman. I could never guess that this woman will be fantastically pretty with the most extraordinary personality I've ever met. This woman turned out to be you Aashi."
"Arjun.." she tried to interrupt but Arjun did not let her.
"Please let me continue. I know I have been the biggest idiot on earth by hurting such an angel like you by neglecting you, but here today I promise you I have changed! If you give me another chance, I will prove to you that you are the most important thing in my life!"
Arjun kneeled down and took out a red velvet box out of this jacket.
"I know we had our ups and downs and have been married for 15 years, but this is a promise ring, a new beginning, a promise to love and care for you forever. So Aashi what do you say, will you come back home?"