They're Back - 13

The intelligence announced, stirring you from your short nap suddenly, making you bolt upright.
     You scrambled to your feet, unlocking your door and running out to the elevator, pressing the button frantically, "come on, come on.." You muttered, listening to the muffled whirr behind the doors.
     The bell dinged, and the doors opened, and immediately you were tackled in a blur of black and glowing blue. The brunette lifted you off your feet and spun you, chuckling softly at your squeal of surprise, and setting you back on your toes, without letting go. "Did you miss me?"
     You leant back from him, taking in his image for a minute with wide eyes. There were faint bruises on his wrists and around his right eye, along with a shallow cut underneath where his mask met his cheekbone. "Are you alright?"
     "Of course," Tony hummed with a shrug, "a few bumps and bruises, but everything's intact. Nothing to worry about, babe."
     You smiled softly at him, standing on your toes and pressing your lips to his as his arms grew tighter around your waist. The sound of someone clearing their throat made you jump, your cheeks turning pink. The elevator was still occupied by about half a dozen people.
     You cleared your throat awkwardly, before tossing your arms wide, and trying to get all five other avengers in a hug. "Thank you so much, guys..."
Thor stepped forward, happily squeezing you into a spine-creaking hug as the others watched, laughing slightly at the blonde God's reaction.
"Of course, (y/n). What would we do without you?" Steve said as he patted your back, stepping out of the elevator and sharing a secret apologetic glance towards Tony.
You wheezed when you were released from the hug, mumbling another 'thank you' and glancing from face to face, wondering why everyone else was acting so odd. "I'm sorry, you guys must be tired. Don't mind me."
"No no, don't be sorry! This situation... was definitely not your fault." Natasha murmured, setting her hand on your shoulder, and offering you a warm smile. You noticed she had a scratch on the left side of her forehead but otherwise seemed untouched.
"I'm really lucky to have people who would do anything for me, though. I want you guys to know I appreciate it.." You hummed with a timid smile, catching Clint's awkward nod out of the corner of your eye.
"And we're really lucky to have someone to fight for." Tony cut in, quickly steering you away from the others, trying to protect everyone's feelings. "So, did you decide where we're going to eat? What you're going to wear?" He cooed, taking your hand and pulling you to his chest, his hands moving to lace his fingers with your left and put the other on your hip, as if ballroom dancing.
"Are you kidding? Don't you think you need a drink and a nap instead?" You giggled, watching him lead you side to side.
"Mm, that is tempting. To curl up with my two favourite things; you and whiskey." He purred teasingly, a surprisingly pearly grin coming over his slightly bruised features.
"Would you let me get you an ice pack and a drink, then?" You offered, slipping your hands out of his grasp and draping your arms over his shoulders.
He nodded, leaning forward to press a little kiss to your lips, beaming down at you. "I would like that.." Tony hummed, his left hand moving down your back.
Natasha clapped a hand on you and Tony's shoulders, making the pair of you jolt. "If you guys are going to do something, don't do it here." She taunted, smirking slightly before turning on her heel and exiting the room with the others, leaving the two of you alone.
"I'm gonna get you that ice pack." You whispered with a rosy colour on your cheeks, chuckling softly to yourself as you stepped away from him.
Tony smiled softly as he watched you walk away, not-so-subtly checking you out before he settled onto the couch, pulling his leg up on his lap and draping his other arm across the back of the sofa.
When you returned, you sat beside him, setting two mugs down on the side table and pulling the ice pack from under your elbow, holding it up to his cheek. "How's that?" You murmured, getting a slight groan in response.
"That's much better, actually." He sighed, reaching over to scoop you into his lap, one hand on your hip and the other supporting the cold pack. "What did you make?"
"Hot chocolate." You answered, laughing softly as he rolled his eyes. "Don't worry... I put Bailey's in yours.." You held a ceramic mug up to the brunette, reflecting the cool blue glow that radiated from his chest.
"Oh, I can smell it.." he hummed, trying to figure out how to take it while both his hands were busy. "You might have to assist me." Tony winked around the ice in his hand, giving your butt a playful squeeze with the other.
You gasp softly, giggling and leaning in to him, carefully holding the mug up to his lips. "I missed you." You whispered, making the brunette melt almost immediately.
"I missed you too, very much." He hummed genuinely, finally setting the ice pack down to steady your hand, taking a sip. "You should be the one being pampered, you know. You didn't get hurt, did you? Should I check you over for bruises?"
"Fortunately, not a scratch. But I'll let you double check if you'd like to." You hummed, setting the mug back down on the table and curling up to Tony's chest, "So, what did you do with him?"
      "Loki? Thor took him down a peg, for sure. But I'm not really sure where they put him." Tony murmured, sitting back further into the couch, rubbing your back gently and gazing at the city lights through the walls of windows. "I promise you, I'll never let it happen again, (y/n). I'm so sorry that I-..."
     You shook your head quickly, winding your arms around his neck and gazing up at him. "Don't apologize, it's not your fault. I think... I should be a bit more prepared."
     "It wouldn't hurt, but I wish you didn't have to." He sighed, running his fingers through your hair, picking his cold pack back up with his other hand and holding it to his eye. "I'll have to keep more of an eye on you from now on, hmm?" Tony purred, his hand sliding down your back, then up under your shirt, just setting his hand on your skin.
     "I don't mind." You hummed, cupping his cheek in your hand and kissing him softly, a little smile on your face. "I look forward to bugging you more often."