Seven

◜Time: December 7, 2019; 23:21 EST◝◟Location: 200 Park Avenue, New York City, New York, USA◞

Time: December 7, 2019; 23:21 EST
Location: 200 Park Avenue, New York City, New York, USA

◜Time: December 7, 2019; 23:21 EST◝◟Location: 200 Park Avenue, New York City, New York, USA◞

Darkness. From closed eyes, that's all you saw. No white lights beyond them, no furious fires. Only darkness.

So you opened your eyes.

Looking around you, you made out the outlines of a familiar room. The infirmary. Back in the tower.

They had left Singapore, flew back to the tower, got you treatment, all while you were unconscious.

Scanning the room, you noticed a single monitor on. You turned and sat up, swinging your legs over and hopping off the table. Your legs gave out beneath you, and you had to hold onto the table to support yourself. It was unusual, how no one was watching over you. It wasn't like the team at all, to do this.

You regained your strength, walking over to the dim monitor, with a limp in your left ankle, not due to hurt, but to numbness. As you reached the monitor, you noticed that in the corner was a date.

December 7, 2019
11:25 PM

Unconscious for two days. Two days.

You were about to turn when something on the monitor caught your eye. It wasn't displayed on the monitor, but it was a reflection of your face. The right side of your face was a little red in complexion and swollen. You raised a hand to feel the skin, and it was numb and peeling slightly. Your left temple had a couple of stitches.

Refocusing your eyes on what was displayed on the monitor, you saw a tab with notes. You touched the screen, and adjusted the tab to show all the text. You had suffered a first-degree burn, a laceration on your temple, and apparently a very minor fracture in your left ankle. Smoke inhalation, with summarized x-ray analysis and blood analysis. A bullet point noted that oxygen was given to you by the Quinjet.

Cap had probably asked for backup from Bruce or Tony to pick them up in the clearing outside the base after you had been trapped. It was easy to remember you were the cause of all this, and now your team has probably abandoned you or something for being weak.