Young Justice x Child reader

Start from the beginning

He faked fainting and you freaked out.
You didn't know you were that scary.
🐚You can't talk.
"Um question, why does (Y/N) do... that?" Jamie asked Kaldur motioning towards your sleeping form.
You were making noises in you sleep while twitching.

"Some Atlantans are born with more animalistic traits than human, (Y/N) vocal cords are different from ours, more otter like" He tells him as you fall of the couch.
You shot up and made noises of displeasure.
🐚You are shock when IT happened.
You stood there and watched Kaldur stand over Artemis lifeless body. You froze as he turned towards, ears folded as he watched you. You looked at him with fear and distress while trembling and whimpered loudly as he took a step towards you. He froze. You of all people were never supposed to see this. He turned away from you and went back into the ocean while you just stood there confused and scared. All while wondering what happened to him? Was it worth it.?
🐚Things stay mostly the same.
You were still happy.
You still ate ice cream.
You were completely unfazed.
But how? How did you act like nothing happened? What happened that caused you to be you? Nightwing was determined to find out. One day when you were taking a walk on the beach he followed you. You arrived at your usual spot and just sat there. You brought your knees to your chest and just sat there.
"So this is were you come to," he said suddenly making you jump "sorry".
You sighed and continued to look at the suns setting.
"I know that this may be a sudden question, but what happened yo your parents?" He asked as you stiffened up.
You froze, not expecting that sort of question. Deciding that the best way for the story to be told was through actually showing it. Your marking started to glow and some water rose from the see toin front of the both of you.
🐚This is what happened to your family.
There was once a Atlantean man who was told by his mother that he must choose a bride before she passed. He grudgingly agreed, but no matter how many suitors were presented to him non gained his favor. Until one day he met a female marine biologist. This woman loved all the creatures in the sea, that included him. As time passed the woman and man fell in love and wedded. The mans mother was beyond happy knowing that her son finally found true love and overjoyed when it was a announced that the woman bore a child. They moved to a island were the woman could proceed with her studies and was located close to Atlantis. But not all agreed. One of the rejected suitors found out about the man marrying the human woman and was enraged. When the child was four years of age that dastardly suitor struck. In the night she and some other Atlantean's who disliked the idea of Atlantean's marrying humans went up to the surface and attached the families home. The Mother, Father, and Grandmother barricaded themselves in the basement were they broke a small window and pushed the child through. The child crawled through the window and tried to help there loved ones through but non of them could fit the woman told the child some simple words and to hide and swim to Atlantis. The door to the basement broke down and the Atlantean's captured the child family. They were brought to the front of the house, the child hiding behind a tree. There they watched as there little family lives were taken one by one. The child ran into the ocean when someone noticed them. They swam for what felt like days to Atlantis and told others of what had happened, but it's was to late, the deed was done. To this day the child would never forget those words your mother told you. "You were worth it".
Your marking faded as the water was absorbed into the sand. So that was why you weren't as traumatized as before. You did not watch one but three people get killed. It was like you were used to it.
You turned to Nightwing as just looked at the sand. He stood up and walked away leaving you to watch the sunset. When asked he would say "you'd rather not know".
🐚Even though you get scared easily you always fight back.
You stood in front of Kaldur in a fighting position protecting Nightwing.
"Run away" he said weakly.
Kaldur walked up to you as you trembled, but you stance didn't change. You growled as he stepped forward but still trembled. Suddenly you felt something prick your neck. You pulled out a tranquilizer dart shot by Tigress. You started to get dizzy and fell into someone's arms.
"I'm so sorry" Kaldur tells you.
🐚You don't like mean people.
You bit Blackmanta in the arm as he tried to attack you. You👏Were👏Pissed👏.
Not just at him but the light in general. Your markings were glowing as you growled at him. He hurt Kaldur so now you hurt him.
🐚Why does life keep screwing you over?
You don't know what happened. One minute you were fighting the next Kaldur was running to the watch tower infirmary. You remember fighting one of Black mantas goons when you saw him about to shoot Kaldur when you pushed him out the way, taking the hit for him. You remember Megan flying the bioship to the hall of justice. You remember going through the zeta tube. You remember Nightwing and Red Arrow holding Kaldur back as he fought to stay by your side as multiple medics rushed you into emergency care. Your remember slipping into darkness.
"Please wake up"
"We need you"
"Don't go"
"It wasn't worth it"
"I'm so sorry"
🐚Karmas coming to get yea.
You groaned as your eyes slowly opened. A quick look around the room and you noticed you were in the infirmary. You then noticed Kaldur sleeping besides you. You poked his cheek. Again and again and again.... until you slapped him. He jumped up and paused, looking like he just seen a ghost, before bombarding you with questions.
"Are you in any pain?, do you want me to get a medic?, I'll get Aquaman or would you prefer-" you cut him off by pulling him into a hug.
"Why?" He asked on the verge on tears "why don't you hate me? After everything I've put you through".
In a very strangled voice you said a few simple words.
"BecAuse YouR woRth it" you said before he hugged you tightly.
You squeaked with happiness as the other came into the room and saw that you were awake. Apparently you were in a coma for two weeks because of the wound hitting a major organ. After two months you we're cleared to participate in missions.
Some asked why continue after all that?. Well the answer is very simple Because at the end it is always worth it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hoped you enjoyed and sorry it took so long.

Here's some lamas.