-Ch 11: Resolving the rain.

CHAPTER ELEVEN- Resolving the rain.

-Ashley Dawson-

“I’m…Err. I’m really sorry George, it’s really nice to meet you but I’ve really gotta go right now, sorry!” I rushed at the smiling face in front of me.

I had to admit that I half admired my sister’s choice in her boyfriend, but right now, talking to my sibling’s cute Tumblr boy, boyfriend, was less important than the matter of Louis. Who, had just witnessed George proclaim his status to Ellie in front of him. The impeccable timing seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks every time something was seemingly going to go half right.

Slipping my hands into my pockets I began to swiftly make my way back down the hallway, in hot pursuit of the boy that sometimes, I couldn’t even stand. But maybe the reality of just what he was feeling like was washing over me, even if it’s was in a slow, drip by drop trickle, it was there. It wasn’t nice to feel like everything was going wrong, and mostly, you yourself, were wrong. So I kept walking, slipping out a side door into the cold and turbulent night.

I folded my arms over my chest, as if this would actually enclose warmth into me. Of course it didn’t. But I wandered forward still, breathing in the fresh, dripping night as it rained the stars upon the world. Although, tonight I figured the stars weren’t exactly in Louis’ eyes. He seemed to be having some kind of breakdown inside. I watched for a few painful seconds as he paced around the middle of the car park, the rain soaked him to the bone, but he kept walking, tugging at his hair and kicking at puddles. I watched as he lifted his foot again, and then slammed the heel of his trainer against the tarmac, sending droplets of water flying across the air, and then landing in another spot, creating another puddle.

I bit my lip as I watched his distress, wondering what it would feel like to meet the cheerful character of someone you loved significant other. I remembered my own heartbreak when I convinced myself Niall had a new girlfriend when we got thrown into life together again over in America. The distraught feeling that made you feel so alone, so empty and worthless.

I walked closer, knowing that when you felt like you had been rejected by the one you loved, the last thing you wanted was to feel like nobody else wanted you either. He hadn’t even noticed me until I was ten metres away; he looked up at me through his hair that had fallen in his eyes. It was stringy and clung together with the sodden precipitation he was bathing in, I wondered if it mirrored his feelings.

His eyes that were usually moderately bright, seemed suddenly dark and washed over, dampened into a dark corner. It was if my sister was slowly painting him away into a corner, she wasn’t even here to do so, but somehow I could see her careful brushstrokes. She probably didn’t even think she was hurting him; it was strange how blind some people can be, although that was a hypocritical remark coming from myself.

“Not now Ashley,” he muttered, his words stuttered into the air like a thin line of thread, almost snapped.

However, I still stood there as the rain blew around us, bathing us in all it’s English weather system glory. He looked to the floor, the materiel of his converse sodden with the water that was still tumbling around us.

My mind reeled on the rejection I felt for the possible relation between my sister and Louis. But then I remembered that she had an alleged boyfriend. It seemed like the sort of thing my sister would do; date someone else to maybe ignore some mistake of a fumbled connection with someone she knew it was forbidden with.

I shrugged as I took a few steps closer, the wind whispered around my shoulders, incoherent thoughts whirring into my ears.

“For all we know,” I whispered, gaining volume. “She could wake up and not remember who he is.”