platypuslove19's Performance

In the Song Cover category, platypuslove19 performs "Life of the Party" by Shawn Mendes!

Karaoke track credit to YouTube user Sing King Karaoke.

Interview Questions:

Why did you choose to cover this song?

Well, first of all, I've always loved this specific song by Shawn, and the tune and whatnot really helped my voice stand out. Once I decided "Hey, I'll do a cover of this song" and actually dived into the lyrics, it made me want to do it a whole lot more. The whole song just stuck to me. Who cares if you're normal, definitely not me, and who's scared of not being normal, also definitely not me. So, I think I chose the song because it really showed who I was as a person, proud to be weirdo!

What does music mean to you?

At one point in time, music was actually a way for me to cope. I had really bad anxiety and depression in the last few years of elementary school, it got to the point where I wanted to take my own life as I felt like there was no light at the end of the very dark tunnel I was in. Music and writing showed me that there was, indeed, light at the end of the tunnel, and a very bright light at that.

What do you love about performing?

I only preformed for a crowd once in my life, and that was at a talent show in elementary school. From that experience, I loved the big adrenaline rush I had right before I started singing. I vaguely remember that there was a women in the front row who was singing along with me; that made me smile. The greatest part I loved was when the crowd clapped for me after I was finished, it just made me feel that all the practicing was worthwhile.

Who/what are your major artistic influences?

I'm a really big fan of all the '90s rock bands and hair metal bands, I listen to them all the time with my dad on the weekends. Personally, I'm a really big fan of My Chemical Romance, Motley Crue and Skillet. Some of my favorite singers/bands nowadays are Alan Walker, Halsey, Panic! At The Disco, Post Malone, and Molly Kate Kestner.

Please give a big hand to platypuslove19!