prologue

PROLOGUE
( LEAVING THE ORDER )

PROLOGUE( LEAVING THE ORDER )

"MOR! MOIRA, PLEASE, WAIT!"

The fourteen briskly walked down the halls of the Temple, a scowl on her features. A bag that had a few of her belongings hung off of her shoulder, occasionally hitting her side, and one hand held tightly onto the strap. She purposely ignored the person calling out for her, as well as the stares of the few other Padawans who wondered the halls without their Masters. Golden brown hair that was usually styled neatly was a mess; the slick bun was gone, as was the Padawan braid that she cut out herself. She tried to brush some strands behind her ears, but they fell away each time. The bottoms of her shoes echoed through the halls as she picked up her pace. She could sense her friend gaining on her, something she desperately did not want.

The young teen had planned on leaving without any witnesses during the middle of the night. But then Obi-Wan figured out her plan (he's always been able to see through her and read her too well for her liking), pushing it forward. She knew that if he's able to stop and talk to her, there was a high chance she would stay just for him.

Moira Astra pushed on. Her grip tightened on the bag, and her other hand balled into a fist at her side. She walked hurriedly the rest of the way down the hall and when she got to the doors, she didn't hesitate to leave them. Her eyes automatically lifted to the sky where the setting sun casted an orange glow over everything. She slowed, admiring the view for a split second until she remembered what she was doing and picked up her speed once again. But that small moment of hesitation gave young Obi-Wan Kenobi a chance to catch up finally. He ran forward and jumped in front of her, blocking her way.

Moira glared at him half heartedly. "I am not staying, Kenobi, you can't make me—."

"I just want a goodbye."

The heat in her glare disappeared and her words got lost. That certainly wasn't what she had been expecting to hear. She stared at him for a moment, taking in his spiked hair and Padawan braid and clothes, and locked eyes with him. "...What?"

Obi-Wan smiled teasingly. "Are you going deaf, Astra? And at such an age, too, what a shame. That's why you're leaving isn't?" He crossed his arms and lifted one hand to touch his chin thoughtfully with his thumb and forefinger, looking down at the girl in mock matureness. He hummed. "Yes, I think hearing-aids will do you some good."

Despite her efforts to keep frowning, the corners of her lips curled into a small, exasperated smile. "You're such a bantha brain, Obi-Wan."

He dropped his arms to his sides and grinned, pleased. It only lasted a second or two until it started to fade, expression turning somber. "I always knew you would leave," he told her, earning another confused look from Moira. "You're way too independent for the Jedi Order. Has anyone told you you're stubborn?"