Chapter 13

The door was being knocked, Juliet was begging to get in. Evelyn was convinced that it was all an act, Joseph could believe

"It was all written here, Jose, Demons feasts off fear and hatred, tricking people is one of its technique to make people do what it want." Janice said, sitting beside Evelyn on the cream colored carperted floor. Joseph sighs, he was sweating heavily even though Evelyn turned on the air conditioner, he knows that the heat was caused by his worry about Juliet.

"What does it want." He asks quietly dropping to the floor as Juliet went silent. His mind wasn't normal anymore, he was back to his self that earned a year in military school to strengthen his mind and weekly psychiatrist visit to fix him.

"Easy. Our soul. We stupidly started this game, dabbing our blood on the paper was a big mistake. I think we offered it to take us as in our soul probably straight to hell" Juliet laughed from the outside, saying "yes" repeatedly, her voice sounded broken.

"Do you believe this book?" Joseph asked.

"Get out!" Juliet was back into being that man, a body slammed into the door, making them jump in shock.

"Could it kill Juliet?!" Again, the man smiled like a broken donkey, to taunt Joseph.

"Here it says that demons can't be here in this world. It would need an anchor, a human body for it stay, only at the end of the world it can fully enter" Janice explain reading the Spanish parts, Evelyn face palms realizing something.

"Of course! Juliet is the anchor. If Juliet dies the Demons goes back to where it came from so it wouldn't kill Juliet" An animal-like growl came from the door, it was reacting to what there were saying, this basically confirmed Evelyn.

"Yes, but I saw another human with it, it was Juliet," Joseph said dropping his jaw in between his knees, his arms wrapped tight around his legs with his eyes trained on the floor. "That's what Stef said" Evelyn let out a shaky breath.

With no warning the lights started flickering, Joseph jumped up. Evelyn was glaring at the ceiling, at the lamp. The man outside began singing with his deep baritone voice. The song was Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, again.

"Look for a way to get rid of it!" Janice was sprinting around shuffling through the pages of the books and moving to the next and so on and on. Eventually, she stopped and mouthed one-word "Exorcism" to avoid the demon hearing it. Jumping, avoiding the books Joseph reached Janice and muttered "I'm not going to yell 'the power of Christ compels you'"

"That's fiction. This is different, it's written her" before Janice could show the prayer, magically out of nowhere enters a rough wind, ripping the book out of her hand. All of the books started to fly into air swirling creating a book tornado, making all of them gawk at the phenomena happening in the middle of the room. Unexpectedly, a book broke away from the tornado and hit Janice right on her neck, a loud snap was heard before she fell to the ground, unconsciously.

"She's gone" Joseph declared checking for a heartbeat "Could you like do the compressions and bring her back?" It was a naive question but Joseph began tearing up.

"Her neck is crushed from the look of it, there's no way for oxygen to enter" Right then Evelyn registered that Janice was the last from her group of friends, Janice had always been the investigator of the group, she'd always solve everything by doing research and reading books including arguments. She had a dream to be a psychologist. Now, she was gone.

"That's it. I'm done with all of this bullshit. If a monster like that took over my friend, I think she's gone. Juliet is no more, so is the weak pathetic crybaby Evelyn. We're getting out and fighting that thing, doesn't matter the consequences we are finishing it tonight" The tone Evelyn used was sharp and threatening, the bewildered look in Joseph explained what he was thinking.

"Uh look, Evelyn. I understand you want to fight but did you see that thing? Did you see the power it had? We have another option. Only fifteen minutes left for three-thirty, the deadline. That's why it's wilding, I think if people that offered themselves failed to die before that time it goes back. It had to. So....just calm down" Joseph said nearing Evelyn, he went for her shoulder to squeeze it, to give her some assurance.

"Don't fucking touch me. You coward, military school my ass, I bet you probably couldn't even defend yourself. Can't you see the power it has? Did you forget that it killed all of our friends? You just wanna wait and let it disappear? Waiting and hoping it would go away is for foolish people. I am a fool. Blind hope isn't my thing, I'm getting out and facing it. Come with me or die here alone, and if you choose no fuck you"

"Yes, yes come to me!" The voice called from the outside, cackling like a chicken.

"I am coming" Evelyn's feet thumped the floor, like the sound of pounding gong. When her hand reached the knob, her brother jumped to her avoiding the falling books as the tornado in the room suddenly vanished leaving the books to rain down to the ground.

"I never went to military school, I was in a drug rehabilitation program. Yes, I was the one who stole all of Juliet's pills. Then I moved on to Heroin and Ecstasy pills after finding a dealer through twitter"

After the death of her father, Juliet went crazy, she injured herself so many times. One week after the death, she broke her knuckles by pounding it against her locker that had "Murderer's Daughter" painted in It. Second, she slammed her body violently into her dead father's car after seeing "Murderer" sprayed on it, the bone above her elbow and two of her left ribs were crushed. After that Juliet was on antipsychotics and morphine for the pain she'd inflict on herself on purpose, Juliet had complained about her pills disappearing all the time. Only Juliet's mother handles her pills, and the only person that visits after the disastrous funeral was Evelyn and Joseph. Everyone thought Juliet was taking to many pills to the point Juliet's mother cut off the pain meds since it kept disappearing from the med shelf.

"It was you all of this time? I had to watch Juliet cry from physical pain and think that she was faking it for more drugs. You don't know how much she screamed after accidentally banging her broken hand into the bathroom door. We assumed she did it to get more pills, her elbow swelled inside the cast we didn't know until she began vomiting seriously. After an X-ray, we found out that the bone was fractured again. Since that you began disappearing on us all the time, we thought it was because you were disappointed that you couldn't help Juliet but it was because the guilt for making her suffer made you turn to a drug dealer it wasn't it? Even now Juliet was chosen to be the vessel for the demon because she was more broken and lost than all of us combined. Imagine being in pain and all of your family and friends saying you're falling, maybe her father made her unhinged but we pushed Juliet to this, you in particular. Once again fuck you, Joseph. Burn in hell with that damn demon" Evelyn opened the very loudly, slamming it into the demon using her full force.