I knew how to lie to wolves, by now I barely even had to work at it. I just concentrated on my heart rate. I worked to keep it steady. Pain also helped with that one, hence the nail. I held perfectly still, giving away no visual cues, and I spoke evenly. My dad had practiced with us until we were nearly perfect and I had never stopped practicing, it was like second nature to me now. I could most likely fool a polygraph. I just hoped I could fool this man.

"So you want to be like this?" The younger one asked as his eyes started glowing.

"Yes," I felt like I was going to be sick. I couldn't believe the words coming out of my mouth. I could see Ian nodding beside me, I could feel the tension and nerves radiating off of him. If we wanted them to calm down, he needed to be calm too, but I couldn't blame him for being nervous. Heck, I was nervous. I was just hiding it a little better.

I reached my hand out, grabbing his and squeezing tightly to let him know it was all right. I wasn't sure if I should after the kiss incident, but he needed something to bring himself back. He returned the squeeze and I relaxed slightly.

The older man looked down at us with a wicked smile.

"All right. You truly want to become one of us?"

This time I just nodded, Ian doing the same.

"Then follow me."

The man started walking through the house and we followed after him. By the sounds of the footsteps behind us, the other two were right on our tail, which was good.

When the man opened a door that led to a dark basement, my stomach sank. I hesitantly descended into the darkness with Ian right behind me, his hand still in mine.

The werewolves flipped on the lights and followed us down.

"Allie, you get the binds."

"Binds?" My voice rose slightly, the first sign of panic slipping through my guise.

"We need to make sure you stay put. Some people get a little ... anxious after the bite. You need to stay as still as possible."

The girl grabbed some binding off a table on the other side of the room. When she came back, she gave some to the young man.

"Alec, you make sure you do his binds well, same to you, Allie. We don't want them running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I gave Ian's hand one more squeeze, letting him know we were about to go, before I dropped it. I felt the girl walking up to me, her body close enough that I could feel her breathing. I put my hands behind my back like I was going to let her bind them.

When her hands touched mine, I slipped my hand under the bottom of my jacket and pulled out the blade. I whirled around quickly, taking her by surprise. I positioned myself behind her with the blade to her neck.

She growled and started to wiggle free when I pressed the blade to her skin. I knew that under normal circumstances she'd be able to get out of this, even now she could, but the burn of silver had her distracted. I locked eyes with the man as I applied more pressure, the edge of the blade cutting into her skin.

Allie made a disgruntled sound, and he narrowed his eyes. I could tell he was calculating. With each second the blade went in a little further. I could feel the blood running onto my fingers.

Her breaths came in gurgling gasps as blood filled her lungs. I knew even without full decapitation her chances of survival were slim to none, but the look in the eyes of the older man made me want to continue.

His eyes were locked on me, not even bothering to look toward Alec and Ian as they fought. His nostrils flared and his eyes glowed deep amber. It was a couple shades darker than the typical wolf yellow. He was definitely an Alpha. My dagger stopped when it hit bone, the girl's warm blood pouring over my hands. I gripped the dagger firmly by the tip and the handle and jerked it toward me hard.