Two Souls

Enjoy!

^_^

---------------------

I open my eyes. Lord, the pain in my head. I press my palm to my temple and look around.

"Where the fuck..."

I looked straight ahead and saw the man staring down at me.

I gasped and jumped up, ignoring the pain in my head.

"What the fuck did you do?"

The man just looked at me with a curious look. "I assume you are Pegasus' child?"

"Who wants to know?" I lifted my fist.

"I'm not going to harm you. I am the Keeper."

I blinked and then frowned. "I figured." I swung a punch at him. He dodged to the side, so I kicked out at him, aiming for his head.

I gasped as he caught my ankle.

"I'm not going to harm you." He repeated. He waited a moment, then lowered my foot and let go.

I hesitated, then looked around. "Where are we?"

He started walking down the long stone corridor.

"We are inside your friends soul."

"Wait...What the fuck?" I trotted to keep up with him.

"I need to see why this boy has the Millennium Puzzle."

I looked at the man as we walked. "Because it's his."

"We shall see."

"You are extremely cynical, you know that."

"So I've been told."

He stopped when we got to two doors. One was open and the other was closed.

"This soul has two rooms." The man muttered. I looked at the room with the open door. It contained toys and seemed to scream innocence. I looked to the closed door. It had a picture of an eye on it.

"Look." I pointed to the picture. "The three Millennium Items that I'm aware of have that same symbol."

The man looked at me with that strange look again.

"Very good. I don't think the soul in the other room stole the Millennium Eye, either. Your friend is safe."

I crossed my arms and lifted an eyebrow at him. "Mate, I could have you that, but you didn't bother asking."

I thought I saw the hint of a smile, but then it was gone.

"Let's see what's behind the other door, shall we?"

I nodded. Mate, you are gonna get one helva shock.

He reached out and opened the door.

I grinned as Tall Yugi stood just inside the room. I glanced at the man. He seemed adequately shocked.

"Oh. I never expected anyone to visit." He blinked as he spotted me. "Tanaka? What are you doing here?"

I shrugged. "Ask this guy."

He looked back at the man. "Step inside. If you have the courage."

I blinked. That wasn't a question, man.

The man stepped inside, with no hesitation. Frowning, I followed.

"I've visited the rooms of many peoples souls, but this room feels old and cold. Like a tomb of an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh."