An Unwinding Perspective

A/N: Holy shit. This may sound weird… but you know how I emphasized Obito’s determination to show Setsuko how wonderful dango was/were? Before writing this chapter, I immediately checked what his likes and dislikes were (towards food) and found out that he really did like dango! Even if that was as Tobi, that’s still Obito! Ha~ I really am amazing. Kidding, LOL. But seriously, my mind is blown.

An Unwinding Perspective 

I.

Setsuko gasped at the foreign sensation in her tongue, delighting her senses. She’d never tasted anything so amazing and mind-blowing in her entire life! Of course, she may have been exaggerating, but it was all true. Why hadn’t she ever tasted it before?

‘Oh yeah…that’s why.’

Obito leaned back with a triumphant grin on his face as he nodded in approval. Licking his lips and ridding them of the sweet taste, he ate the two remaining balls of mitarashi dango from the stick. He continued to watch Setsuko chew away at her own stick of dango, a resolute fire in her eyes.

“Am I right, or am I right?” He asked his new friend and crossed his arms.

Setsuko looked up, nodding vigorously and Obito couldn’t help but snort at the girl’s puffed out cheeks. He had the utmost confidence that she would like it, but he hadn’t expected the dark-eyed girl to stuff her cheeks as much as a squirrel usually did.

“Mhm!”

Grinning, Obito stretched an arm out to take another stick of dango from the plate positioned on the center of the table. “Enough talk, let’s keep eating!”

Setsuko had no complaints at all.

 Amidst the darkness of the room, there was a pained moan and a loud thump that followed after. Usually gentle blue eyes literally glowed with unrestrained ferocity and rage, both fiery and icy at the same time.

“What have you done to my daughter?” A woman’s voice hissed; low and menacing yet could also be described as beautiful and almost ethereal. There was still that permanent hint of gentleness in her voice though, but it could hardly be heard underneath all the anger and pain she was ready to unleash.

Shinya, Setsuko’s one and only father, stood in one corner and watched his wife kneel down, using only her eyes to know what she was doing. His feet were near frozen—literally—but he was already used to such, despite the fact that his wife always chose to stay the same: Gentle and peace-loving, never angry. He didn’t stop her at the moment though-- even if it would be against Yukiko’s morals—just because he was as angry as she was, if not more.

The freezing, although thin fog that the woman emitted from her ice-cold body was nearly not enough to compensate for her pain, but the only reason why it wasn’t as intense as the couple had expected was only because she was merely holding herself back, unconsciously.

The victim’s teeth chattered violently, his lips blue and skin almost the same color as Setsuko’s and Yukiko’s, though for an entirely different reason. Of course, due to the ice that slowly inched its way up his stomach, covering his lower body completely, he found that everything in his body was numb, and as a result, he was unable to think properly.

“Answer me!” Yukiko nearly screamed after a few more seconds of silence. Her eyes served well to glow even more intensely than before that the victim almost had to squint to keep from hurting his own eyes.