August 20th, 2009 - Ronnie

Dear piece of paper,

I’m not the kind of person to write in a diary or journal, but I feel the need to write right now.

I got out of jail a little while ago and I met up with Max, Monte, and Ashley yesterday to get re-acquainted and whatnot. While we were all talking, they invited me to go to their show last night. So I went, and - as fate would have it - Craig knocked around his head and he couldn’t do the rest of the show. Instead of canceling it, they asked me if I’d finish it out for them. Of course I said yes, because really, when will I ever have the chance to perform with Escape the Fate again? Probably never.

Being back on a big stage like that was just completely exhilarating. The crowd responded really well to me and everybody seemed so excited to see me up there again. It was really a night to remember.

After the show, I noticed that Craig was acting really bummed out and grumpy, and I figured it was from the fact that he was sort of getting pushed aside and I was back in the spotlight, at least for the moment. So when Ashley and the rest of the guys started for home and Craig stormed off muttering under his breath, “I need a drink,” I decided I’d go with him, just to make sure he didn’t do anything really stupid. And actually, once he got a couple of drinks in him, he was I a way better mood. He even met someone while we were there at the bar.

Her name is Catrina Norris, and I swear, she looks like she could be the long lost daughter of Chuck Norris. I mean, this chick is seriously that bad ass. She’s got bleach blonde hair that she pulled back into a super-tight knot and was wearing a little purple top and low rise jeans that showed off her many - and I mean many - tattoos. Hell, I think she’s got more tats than Craig and I have put together.

But anyways, I think Craig really likes her and she seems to like him a lot too. He also seems to have changed a bit. Because, like, I know all about the shit he did to Ash, but he doesn’t seem like that kind of guy anymore. Of course, I don’t exactly know how he was like while he was ‘that kind of guy’, but I think he might be changing for the better. That’s why I’m not acting like he’s the devil when I’m around him. I know he’s had that enough from this whole ordeal, and really, I have no right to judge him. I mean, seriously, I just got out of jail for Christ’s sake. He fucked up big time, yeah, but I fucked up too, so I can’t judge him without feeling an immense amount of guilt. Yeah, he fucked up a lot more than I did, but I still fucked up.

Ronnie