July 19th, 2009 - Max

Dear Diary,

We’ve got a new song now. It’s called “On to the next one” and I don’t think he could have gotten any more obvious with some of the lyrics. So, her I go with the dissection. This love is bittersweet, it’s always incomplete. Right now you’re killing me, whoa-oh-oh. Cause every time that you say, and every time that you stay, I see that now you have changed, and I'm the one that you blame. The only thing that would make sense for all that is if he’s putting himself in Ashley’s shoes and saying what he thinks she’s thinking. Now you’re gone, and you’re on to the next one. He’s talking about Ashley and I being together. Somehow, he found out about that, but I really don’t know how, unless someone told him. It doesn’t really matter now, though. This time I've got to live without you, that’s just the way it has to be. He probably realizes that there’s nothing he can do about this all now. This time I've got to live without you, whoa-oh-oh, and you’re on to the next one. When the night turns to day, she said she was usually safer at night from his beatings, because he was either sleeping or gone. He probably realizes this. I know that people change, but you just stay the same. You would swear on your grave that you would never become exactly what you hate. He’s either talking in Ashley’s point of view or in third person to himself, because when he was a boy, his father used to beat him over tiny things. Obviously, Craig grew up hating that man, and he’d always say that no matter what, he’d never do that to anyone. Blah, blah, blah…(repetition)…whoa-oh-oh…Every night turns to day and everyone has to change. He probably is starting to realize that he needs to change his ways. Blah, blah, blah…(finish song).

I can’t really tell what kind of mood this song has. It could be mad at me and Ashley; it could be said at himself for doing what he did; it could kind of be neutral and just a way to get out all his thoughts, seeing as how that’s why he usually writes songs anyways. I guess I'm just not too sure what to think about this song, really. I mean, yea, it’s good, but all the songs he writes are good. It’s weird though. We’re trying to write all the guitar and drum parts while we’re on tour, because we want to be able to play it a few times before we go home. You know, introduce it to the fans first and see their response to it. So far, it’s coming along really well, and it sounds great when we play what we’ve got.

I don’t know…I just don’t know. About any of this, really.

Max~