Chapter 29: Unexpected surprise Pt. 1 🍋

Começar do início

Levi's expression changed from soft and worried by the mention of how much I missed him to annoyed and grumpy as he rolled his eyes again.

"Tsk...Don't ask. It's the shittiest assignment I ever had! You won't believe If I tell you."

"Just try it. Maybe I will surprise you." I winked at him before I leaned back against my big pillow, legs curled up to the side and pulling the tray with my laptop a little closer, arms resting on my lower abdomen and eyes all fixated on Levi, waiting for him to start.

"Tsk...Don't tell me I didn't warn you, brat." Levi copied my behavior and leaned back against the white wall behind him, stretching out his legs, but folding his arms before his body, like a sulking child. He looks so adorable like this!

"So...turned out that the guy I'm meaning to "protect" just wanted some company during his trip over here. Normally, I wouldn't mind, since I get good money for this, but after the shit that happened a few days ago, I'm playing with the thought to quit this arrangement and travel home earlier."

"What happened, darling?" I tried to butter him up a little bit, so he will talk to me. I wouldn't mind if Levi cancels the job to come home earlier than planned, but the way he talked about it left me worrying. There's an undeniable tone of disgust and fury in his voice that let my alarm bells ring in all their glory and volume.

Levi huffed harshly through his mouth as he ran a hand through his raven tresses, brushing them back his head. Is it that hard for him to tell me? I rarely saw him so angry but worried at the same time. Honestly, I never saw him like this before.

"I tell you, but don't get the wrong intention, okay?" I nodded silently. What is there more to do for me right now? My worry grew bigger by the second the more time he took to finally start. Wrong intention? What's that supposed to mean?

"Alright. The guy I'm meaning to protect just wanted some company for his trip over here. Nothing bad about this, but he didn't have to lie by mentioning that his life is in danger to get a bodyguard. Anyway, I wasn't worried when I was assigned to him as his guard, I wasn't worried when I found out that he wanted company, I wasn't even worried when I found out that this guy especially asked for ME before this trip started. All fine and so, but 2 days ago, all the shit blew up and I just want to punch this stupid douchebag into his shitty grinning face!"

I gulped heavily as Levi tried to talk about what's bothering him and my heart wouldn't calm down from the growing excitement and nervousness. What the heck happened over there that he's so frantic?

I waited patiently, even though I was fidgeting with my fingers in unease, eager to hear what he has to tell.

"So....after a meeting with one of his clients two days ago, I accompanied him to his car, where the driver actually should drive us to our hotel. During the ride, that shitface suddenly became very talkative, telling me how much of a relief it is to have me by his side and so. I hate about my agency's policy that I'm forced to be nice and polite sometimes..cause that asshole suddenly moved closer and laid his hand on my thigh! Saying in his flirty manner that its been ages since he had such a nice and handsome man to look out for him and that he feels flustered by just looking at me, that his heart begins to pound like crazy by the smell of my aftershave and the imagination of me standing with folded arms behind him, boring my eyes into his head as he was talking to his clients. He even said it's difficult not to get a hard-on during these meetings because of this! Can you believe that?!" Levi talked himself more and more into his rage mode. His voice grew louder and louder with each spoken word and I feared that he will hit the wall or his computer any moment.

"Shit...Levi. I'm sorry to hear that. If it's so hard to work with him, why don't you just quit? That's sexual harassment. You don't have to endure this just for the money. You're not a harlot! You're a human, and for fuck's sake he should treat you accordingly!"