Chapter 13: Why are Mothers Kinda Pushy?

Start from the beginning

         “Okay, so you can put the groceries on the counter.” I said turning around.

         “Alright, so what did the doctor’s say you had?” Ethan asked me.  It was quiet for about a minute, then I said “They said I had the stomach flu, and they gave me medicine. I’ll be back to work tomorrow.” I said.

         “Well, that’s good, oh and we have a business trip in a week.” Ethan said.

          “Okay, where?” I asked.

          “To London, Aaliyah, I need to go, something happened.” Ethan said,  looking at his phone.

         “Alright, let me walk you to the door. “I said.

         When we made it to the door, Ethan turned around; I guess this is when we say “bye”. But we didn’t. Instead, we just stood there. Ethan stared at me, and I did the same to him. We were looking at each other, for about 5 minutes.  I was the first to look away.

          “I think I should leave,” Ethan said. I just nodded. He opened the door, and left. I let out a breath I didn’t even know I was holding in. 

Ethan’s P.O.V

I really didn’t want to leave Aaliyah, but when I got a text from my mom and sister, telling me they were at my house. I had to leave.  What’s up with that women just going to my house whenever she wants? I got in my car, and drove home.

                                                               ******

I pulled in my driveway, to see a black 2013 black convertible parked in my driveway. I groaned, and parked my car on the other side of the black convertible. I got out of my car, and walked up to my front door. When I unlocked it, I walked in and heard voices.

         “When did I ever give my mother or sister, my house key?” I questioned myself.  I closed the door, and headed for the living room.

         “Ethan baby, is that you?” A female voice called out.  I didn’t respond. When I made it to the living room, I leaned on my door frame, and watched the women in the room socialize. I faked cough, so that the women knew I was in the room.

         They were talking about how I needed to start dating, and things I did as a child, my mother was about to talk about the time she walked in on me doing.  You know what, I don’t even want to finish. Just know it was really funny how my mother was fuming, but also embarrassing. 

         “Oh hey honey, I thought I heard you come in.” My mother said with open arms, coming towards me. Trying to hug me. My mother had blue eyes just like me, my younger sister, and older brother. She had greyish hair, which was cut into a bob. To me she looked young, in reality she’s like 64 years old.  She had an Ivory skin complexion, and a little nose. 

         “Hey mom,” I said.

           “Hey Turd,” My sister said, walking up to me.

         “Hey four eyes,” I replied back.

          “So how did you guys get, in my house? “I questioned.

         “Honey, did you really expect me not to have a key? I have a key to all of my kid’s houses.” My mother said.

          “Wait, what?” My sister said.

          “When did you make these keys?” I questioned.

          “Let’s stop worrying about the keys, and tell me what you and Cece are doing.” My mother said.

         “Mom, Cece and I are just.” I was trying to say, but was cut off.

         “Were dating,” Cece interjected. I just looked at her shocked. She came to my side, and held my waist.

         “When did this happen?” My sister asked.

          “We aren’t” I was trying to say, but was cut off yet again.

         “We have been dating for about two months now.” Cece lied.

          “Mother, this is not. “I said, but was cut off when Cece kissed me.  I pulled away quickly.  I heard aww’s coming from my mom. My sister was making fake barfing noises. 

         “I have the perfect Idea, how about we go to dinner, and you tell me how you guys started dating.” My mother said. I looked at her with a raised brow.

         “That would be a perfect idea, right, honey,” Cece said looking at me.

          “Sorry I can’t, I have a lot of work to do, and I’m not you’re honey.” I said, looking at Cece.

          “Well then we can do it tomorrow, no if, ands, or buts.” My mother said.  I just sighed.

         “Mrs. Caldwell, what time are you leaving?” Cece asked.

         “Oh child you’ve known me for way too long to keep calling me that, call me Anna.” My mother said. I shook my head, and left the room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Pictur of Ethan's mom on side. What did you guys think about Cece lying? Do you think Ethan should speak up? Don't you think Ethan's a sweetheart? He brought soup for Aaliyah.  Comment and tell me what you thought of this chapter overall. 

        Tootles, loves