"He didn't. I turned him in." Aurelia looked at him in anger.

!

Aurelia rolled her eyes at the sound of Stefan's muffled voice as he tried to talk and explain himself to her. She finally stopped, looking around through the trees for any sign of Tripp's cabin. She pulled out her earplugs from her ears, pocketed them and looked at him. "What?"

"You were wearing plugs." He observed. "Okay, listen. Enzo wasn't being careful. Tripp would've caught him eventually, and that meant danger for all of us." Aurelia looked him, clearly not able to believe him.

"So what you're trying to say is that you turned Enzo in to save our skin..." She began as he nodded. "And now you're saving him to save our skin." She folded her arms. "Lies." She then continued to walk forward.

"Yeah, well, I thought Tripp would kill him, not keep him alive for information."

"The problem, Stefan, is the fact that you turned someone in, not that they could expose us." She said. "But, yeah, you're right, you were being a practical person. That's how the world works right? But no, we're vampires, so everything's upside down."

"Hey-"

"So, I'm guessing you turned poor Ivy in, too?" She asked. "I mean, you didn't even want to deal with her anymore. That's the whole reason why you left her with me, right? You wanted her gone, and now she's dead." She huffed, stepping over a large rock. "You know, you really should write Tripp a thank-you note." Stefan looked offended."

"Hold on! Enzo turned Ivy, a hunter kills her and yet, I'm the bad guy?" He asked. "I'm not the one threatening to turn other vampires in." Aurelia stopped again, before taking a step towards him.

"On the contrary, Stefan, the only one who's turned in vampires is you." She pushed him back by his chest. "That's exactly why you're helping- guilt for turning in Damon's friend."

"Yeah, Damon is my brother, and I gave up on him. Enzo didn't so if rescuing his idiot friend is gonna make it up to him, that's exactly what I'm going to do." He justified, walking behind her. She stopped yet again, spinning around to face him.

"Then, please do figure out how to make things up to me." She said, before looking down when she realized he was too close. He looked up, and his eyes widened at the sight of two doors of Tripp's cabin opening. He suddenly grasped her shoulders and sped them behind a large crate, kneeling down so that they wouldn't be seen. Aurelia tried to speak due to the uncomfortably less distance between them, but he placed his finger on her lips, silencing her.

The pair saw two hunters walk out of the cabin as they looked around. When they left, Aurelia quickly stood up.

"Let's get in there." She sped inside the cabin, Stefan following closely behind. However, the pair frowned when they didn't see him. "Well, where is he?"

!

Stefan's phone rang, as he and Aurelia walked back to Whitmore. The former answered the call and put it on speaker. "Alaric. What's going on?"

"There's good news and bad news."

"Bad news first, please." Aurelia said.

"Well, heh, Damon's been caught by Tripp." Aurelia's eyes widened. "Good news, we know where Tripp is."

"Where are you?" Stefan hurriedly asked.

!

"Mom's closed down Route 13 now, so there are only two ways out of town." Caroline said. "You're on Route 9 right now, right?"