nine

yugyeom and jaebum decided to ditch school until they successfully found jinyoung. yugyeom was on the verge of breaking down. he prayed that nothing bad would happen to jinyoung. the two decided to stop by his home first, hoping he would be there. luck wasn't on their side as jinyoung wasn't there. he had left most of his valuables except his mobile phone. he couldn't have gotten far as he had left his wallet so he couldn't pay for transportation.

" where could he have gone? " yugyeom asked jaebum who was checking the bathrooms.

jaebum stayed silent. his heart was beating rapidly and his mind had gone blank. he wanted jinyoung to be safe and had not done anything stupid by now. suddenly, a lightbulb clicked in his head. he immediately rushed back to jinyoung's room.

" i think i know where jinyoung is. "

the two were running as fast as their legs could carry them. jaebum said that jinyoung might be at his old apartment complex. the roof was his favourite place to relax. he liked it when he could lie down in the floor, staring at the moon and the stars whenever he felt stressed out. jaebum recalled jinyoung telling him that it was his safe place.

when they arrived, the two scanned the building briefly and they were in shock as the apartment complex was tall. it was about 17 stories. if this is where jinyoung planned to cause death upon himself, he had to be stopped.

yugyeom instantly ran to the lift, rapidly pressing the button. his heart was thumping against his chest as he watched the lift slowly reached the ground level. he rushed in and pressed the highest level, watching the doors close and ascend. in his heart, he is screaming at the machine to move faster but the words got stuck in his throat.

ding.

the doors opened once again and yugyeom ran to the emergency exit, climbing the stairs to the rooftop. he swung the door open, feeling the cold wind brush against his body, making him shiver. the latter immediately ran to every side of the rooftop, trying to find his other half.

" jinyoung-ah? jinyoung-ah! " yugyeom screamed, running to the front side of the roof.

he froze. there he was. slowly inching to the edge. yugyeom wanted to run to him and pull him into his arms but his legs were glued to the floor. the only thing he could do was shout at him.

" nyoungie... don't do this to me please, " yugyeom pleaded, his eyes never leaving the smaller male in front of him.

he could see that the smaller male was shaking and breathing heavily. his head turned to the side and his eyes were watery and swollen. it made the younger's heart break seeing the unknown side of him. jinyoung shook his head, turning to face the front.

" sorry gyeom-ah... " jinyoung sobbed out, his feet inching closer and closer to the ground way beneath him.

suddenly, a huge gush of wind took jinyoung by surprise and he lost his balance. yugyeom's heart skipped a beat as he immediately ran to the elder, his arm gripping jinyoung's as he tipped over the edge and fell off the building.

there the two was. one was hanging off a building while another was holding on to him for dear life. yugyeom took a few seconds to notice the deep eyebags and extremely swollen eyes.

" i got you, nyoung... i got you, " yugyeom muttered softly, his other arm gripping the elder's forearm, pulling him up slowly.

when jinyoung finally made it to the surface, yugyeom engulfed him into a tight hug, burying his face into jinyoung's shoulder as the raven sobbed loudly, gripping onto the younger's tee.

" please don't do that, nyoung... please don't, " yugyeom whispered shakily.

jinyoung nodded weakly as a response, seperating himself from the elder. yugyeom's dark orbs stared into jinyoung's ones and without hesitating, the younger pulled the elder by his shirt into a deep kiss. the elder felt fireworks exploding inside of his stomach as he pulled yugyeom closer by wrapping one arm around his neck.

the two made out until they had to part for air. yugyeom pressed his forehead against the raven's, pressing a soft kiss to his nose.

" i love you park jinyoung. "

" i love you too kim yugyeom. "

fin.