In any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you

Ooh baby do you know what that's worth?
Ooh, Heaven is a place on Earth

The elevator Stefan was riding on was filled with music, the song was from the 1980's if he remembered correctly but his surroundings did not correspond to the year. He noticed the buttons on the side of the sliding doors and it was exactly what it was during 1958. He ran his hand on his hair and it was as brown and curly as he remembered it to be when he was 22 years old, not grey and rough. He checked his reflection on the reflective metal on the walls, he was lean and his skin was soft and calloused, no wrinkles in sight. His eyes were dark and lashes long, they had little life in them. He held his face and he remembered what the people in the facility told him.

"You would look as young as you desired to be. You can jump to different time lines and your appearance would correspond with that. Sadly, if you meet someone you know who haven't reach that time, they can't travel with you. Also, because its just a trial run, you'll have timers on the back of your right hand. You got 8 hours", the man named Greg told him. Stefan adjusts his position on the chair to make himself more comfortable, Kitty was smiling at him from the other side of the room, she was also being set up on her own chair. He observed Greg setting his machine up and tried to ask, "How will it know which year I would be transported to?"

"Its based on your consciousness so most probably what year you want would be the year you'll go to", he smiled. Stefan did not return the gesture and simply laid his head on his chair.

How will it know if I myself don't know where I want to be transported to?, Stefan told himself.

"Ready?", Greg asked the two

"Yes", both of them replied. "See you there", Kitty said smiling at him. Stefan smiled back.

He closed his eyes and allowed the system to invade his senses. A few seconds later he can't feel any of his body and his consciousness slowly drifted away, the background noise turned static until it fell completely quiet.

Ding!

He was pulled out from his musing by a familiar sound. The elevator door opened and he was greeted by an office. Stefan walked out of the elevator and looked around. It was how he remembered it to be, white walls and dozen of desks filled with old computers. Posters adorned the walls and papers piled on boxes. He walked around to take in more of the place until he notice only one computer was turned on. Recognition suddenly dawned on him, he knew that workplace, he knew that computer, he knew who sat on that chair and he could almost imagine the smell of smoke from a cigarette. He took a deep breath and walked closer. Nohzdyve was on, Stefan looked around the office, he had no idea what he was going to do in San Junipero so he might as well enjoy the old stuff he used to. As soon as he sat on the chair and his hands felt the keyboard, it felt as if life was slowly sipping into him. He pressed a button and the game starts. He didn't intend to play earnestly but as soon as the character on the screen fell head first, his senses zeroed in on the game. Every press of the button felt electric and as he continued level per level, his smile grew wider and wider. He never had the chance to play this game and now he was able to. He was holding his breath as he finish another level, he prepared for the next when the pixels on the screen turned black and white.

"What the-"

"Haven't finish that part yet", a voice from behind startled him. Stefan looked back and he fell from his chair, he was looking at the man up and down and he was shaking his head. Was he seeing things? Was this part of the program? Is his consciousness playing with him?

Colin simply sat on his chair and looked at Stefan, he scoffed at the guy and whirled his seat back to face the computer.

"Never imagined that's how you look like surprised" the blonde said, resuming his work on the computer. Stefan tried to stand up and collect himself, his rubbing his face and muttering to himself.