(3) Hogwarts

August reached it's end quickly, a little too quickly in Harry's opinion, its either that or he's just whiney he won't get to see his wife for 10 months. It was the morning of September first, it was only 7:30am yet the Manor was already loud, the children all bustling to double check if they have everything all except Ginny who was seated beside Sirius on the couch, munching on a chocolate bar. Even if they did just have breakfast, chocolate is the go-to anytime of any day. Her and Sirius were talking about James and Lily's life during their years and she was mostly chuckling at James' desperation, a lot of his actions were sweet but some were borderline creepy. Despite it being an innocent conversation topic, she had a bad feeling about it. Alas, she was right.

   "You know..I cant help but think how Harry looks so much like his father...then you Lily...then yesterday there was a lily in your hair...when you and Harry were walking...arms looped and all." He shrugged casually, not knowing that the red head beside him was internally panicking. She thought no one saw them. They planned to announce that they were dating only after the Yule Ball.

   "Sirius, were 11 and 10." She bluntly stated, chuckling at the irony since they did just kiss yesterday.

   "Whatever..if you ever have a child can it be named after me?" He said smilling innocently, batting his surprisingly long lashes.

   "Whatever Snuffles." she rolled her eyes yet she held a small smile. If only you knew, she thought. They were infact going to name their first son James Sirius, but there was a slight issue of being sent in time and all that jazz, now they have to wait a decade and a half. Great.

~

   The hustle and bustle of King's Cross grew intense during the first of September. Of course, the station was always busy, but it doubles obviously when muggle-borns and half-bloods are sent to a magical school who's train's platform is through an obscure wall.

   Harry just smiled, remembering how different it was from the first time he was going to Hogwarts. The first time, he hadn't even got a clue where to go and was accused of joking by a conductor when he showed him his 9 3/4 ticket. That was also his very first encounter with the Weasleys.

   Now, they were entering with him, over the past days Harry and Ron were already inseparable, which Ginny understood and took quite well. She would occasionally just sneak to Harry's room at night and cuddle with him before scurrying back to her room before dawn.

   None of the Weasleys nor Sirius and Remus know why Ginny and Harry are in a sour mood, more so Ginny. Harry for the most part was excited to go back to Hogwarts, there's just this little issue about the obstacles that lay. Oh you know, a Voldy-possessed professor, a horcrux and basilisk, a triwizard tournament et cetera. He promised to change it though, especially his second year, that blasted snake or diary wont touch Ginny. Although he reckons she could do that herself.

   For now, Harry was to lay off a bit, flex his magic a bit here in there, of course he wouldn't forget his main task to destroy horcruxes and ultimately prevent the war atleast before it started. Ginny on the other hand, would make occasional visits at the Manor's library for possible current locations of the said horcruxes. She has access to the whole Manor granted by Harry. She is technically the Lady of the Manor anyway just not in this time. The house elves already love her just like before.

   Ron and Harry got settled into the train after the prior has been smothered in goodbyes his mother and the latter to hug and kiss Ginny on the cheek, which raised the adult's eyebrows a bit in suspicion, but Harry and Ginny just shrugged it off. He was also excited to see Hermione, he can't wait to see her face when for once, he'll know more than her, not to be mean or anything, there's no question Harry loves her like a sister but still, it'll be funny.

~

   The train ride to Hogwarts was spent with Harry teaching Ron a few spells and the latter beating him in Wizards Chess. I guess some things never change. The time came when Hermione opened their compartment door, the conversation was the same as it was the last time if Harry's memory was correct. They changed their robes after Hermione left them to continue and help Neville in search for his toad.

   After they greeted Hagrid, they got in the boats. Even if Harry has been here for years, the castle never ceases to amaze him. Just like everyone else, he was in awe of it all, the bewitched ceiling in the great hall as well as the several lit floating candles.

   He never really paid attention to the sorting, everyone was placed where they were last time. When his name was called, hushed whisperes were once again heard, he rolled his eyes and wandlessly casted sonorous on himself, making the professors' eyes widen.

   "Okay guys! Not to be rude or anything, but just because I killed no nose-Voldymort does not mean you can suddenly swishper whisper about me when you hear my name, if anything that's rude." he said and casted Silencio on himself after as it is the counter-spell.

   Professor Mcgonagall was sporting a slight smirk at his cheekiness. The rest of the professors except Snape of course (scowling as always), looked amused.

   He placed the hat on his head and sat on the stool, looking relatively calmer than all the first years.

   "Hmm..back again Mr. Potter?" the hat spoke.

   Harry rolled his eyes, "It's not like I willingly wanted to go back in time, and don't you dare put me in any other house aside from Gryffindor."

   The hat visibly pouted, funnily enough, "Oh why can't I put you in Slytherin? I was about to the other time." it said.

   Harry groaned, "That's because of blasted Voldemort's stupid soul latching onto me, it's not my bloody fault that you detect Gaunt blood in mine!" he snapped quietly hopping no one could hear, unfortunately Dumbledore did and the aging man raised his eyebrows.

   "Fine..fine..GRYFFINDOR!" it yelled grumpily. Harry let out a sigh of relief while grinning as he walked over to the twins who were chanting 'WE GOT POTTER!' over and over again.

   Harry could not falter the grin on his face, even if he tried, it would jump right back. Time to save the world...again.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Yay! I can't wait for the sass battles with Snape, get ready to laugh your arses off.

Don't forget to vote+comment!

~Messrs Toe-rag