Chapter 1

Disclaimer: if you're homophobic, don't read this, it's not for you.

The alarm has been ringing for five minutes straight, yet the two people sleeping in the room hadn't moved one inch or even tried to reach to it and silence it. But as the sound got louder, Jisoo moved her hands and legs furiously in attempt to find it but all went in vain. Just as she was about to sit up, she heard Jimin let out a few curse words under his breath, followed by a loud crash outside, which she assumed is the sound of the alarm clock flying from the window and landing not so safely on the ground, hopefully not harming anyone.

There goes the tenth clock this month. She thought, mind slowly shutting down and drifting off to sleep again.

"You'll be fired the next time, Jisoo." Her boss's words suddenly rang in her ears, making her body shot up in bed, eyes wide open. She can't afford to be late again.

"Damn you Jimin!" She hissed as she slapped his arm that was holding the pillow tightly.

"Ugh what!!" He groaned, "You wanted it gone, too. Don't put the blame on me."

"Oh I surely will if my boss fires me." She pushes herself up and heads to the bathroom.

"Then good riddance, I don't like that bitch anyway." He says as he watches his friend brush her teeth, both hands under his head. Her boss was always harsh with her for some reason, was it because Jisoo did something wrong or spoke to her badly someday? He's not sure, the only thing he was very sure of is that the woman envied Jisoo, the brunette was better than in every aspect. He couldn't really blame her. But it didn't mean he had to like or tolerate her.

"The rent isn't going to pay itself, sweetheart." She sighs as she starts putting on her clothes, "Don't you have work? Doesn't your shift start at like, eight?"

"My boss has a crush on me." He said as he rolled on his other side.

"Oh I'm very sorry for forgetting." She rolled her eyes, "Lucky ass."

"My ass is indeed lucky." He responded lazily.

"Are you ever going to consider giving him a chance?" She asked as she put her stuff in the bag, "He's nice." She looked at him then back at her bag again.

"That's not your only argument, is it?" He asked, this time seriously.

She gulped at his tone and suddenly regretted ever bringing it up but she had to say what she was thinking, he was going to hear it sooner or later.

"He's also the only one you have left." She managed to say.

"I have you." He narrowed his eyes at her.

"You know that's not what I mea-"

"You'll be late for work." He cut her off, gave her one last glare and went back to sleep.

She sighed and glanced at her wrist for a second, 7:30. He was right, she'll be late. She shouldn't have brought up that topic first thing in the morning, now his mood is going to be sour the whole day, and his scent is going to be very rotten as well, her wolf isn't going to be so happy about it.

"Now do I go to work or stay and make sure you don't stink up the place with your distressed scent?" She asked, leaning on the door frame.

"My God!" He breathed, "I'll be fine just go get that cash." He joked to reassure her.

"Alright then! I'll be home by six." She blew a kiss at him and went out running, falling one or two times while going down the stairs and almost bumping into Jinyoung at the end of the stairs and sending him flying. Thankfully, it didn't happen as she had her wolf in full control.

"Woah, there there!" He exclaimed, "Late again?"

"Yes." She panted.

"Figured from the alarm clock that almost landed on my head." He said with a playful tone.

"I'm sorry, you can go complain to the person who threw it." She chuckled.

"Jimin, I knew it." He laughed, "But it's okay, it's relatable."

"Jeez, you're too nice to us." Jisoo smiled, "See you later, favorite neighbor." She waved at him and started running again, she will be screwed if she misses her bus.

Now her worries about missing the bus were one thing, but sitting right next to a couple kissing inside it was another thing.

It's too early for this shit. She thought, it's not even eight yet.

It's not like she hadn't seen couples kissing before, her pack was way worse than this, she would walk on people fucking since a very early age. But it's perhaps the way she views relationships in general.

Wolves had a different kind of relationship, they had mating. And mated couples were a pain in the ass, all over each other and scents mixed with each other. Jisoo hated it, she hated how vulnerable a wolf can be because of its nature, because of ranks and pheromones. She saw how omegas were submissive to their alphas, baring their necks with a single authoritative growl from their mates.

And don't get her started with alphas, alphas were her worst enemies, she hated them with passion.

Arrogant selfish assholes. They think they're the shit.

She heard that a wolf knows its mate from the scent only, they're called fated mates.

Jisoo wasn't the type to buy that crap. She never believed in them, and never will. Is what she thought. She believed that two wolves meet each other, like each other's scents, fall in love slowly then create a mating bond. That's it. And that was actually the case with a lot of wolves, not everyone could find their 'fated' ones after all.

"Hello, Soo!" An excited and cheerful tone hit her ears when she entered her work place from the back door.

"Hi, Nayeon." She smiled at the girl sweetly, she was one of the few people that Jisoo actually liked and trusted after settling down in Busan. Not to the point of telling her about her nature, but she trusted her to a certain extent.

"You're not late today! How come?" She teased.

"My friend woke me up this time."

"The hottie who came with you that day?" Nayeon gasped, and Jisoo could only laugh at the dramatic reactions the girl keeps making.

"Yes, him." She nodded, Jimin always snatched boys and girls, left and right. She shouldn't be and isn't surprised by now.

"Jisoo, the manager wants to see you." A coworker interrupted them, smiled at Jisoo knowingly and went back to work.

The brunette didn't feel so good about that, she wasn't late and she didn't mess up.. not yet. So why?

She took a deep breath and made her way out of the kitchen, she has a very bad feeling about this.

"Jisoo, I need to introduce you to someone." The manager said, her voice very different from usual, as if trying so hard to sound nice.

But that's not what bothered her, she could feel her wolf's restlessness and that made her alarmed, but she understood the deal right away when she took a whiff of the air. The scent made her take a step back, her lungs felt so full but for some reason she wanted to smell the air more and more.

"This is Kim Namjoon." The woman talked, not noticing Jisoo's change of attitude at all. "Mister Kim Namjoon, this is Kim Jisoo."

And when she raised her head to look at the person with the scent that she desired to keep in bottles. Her previous thoughts about mates flew right out the closest door.