The Author's Farewell

The author smiles as she completes the final sentence for her story 'Training Mr Right.' The idea of this fiction came at a spur of a moment and she had quickly scribbled it down in her phone two months before it flew out of her congested brain. With encouragement from her loyal fellow readers, she decided to write again. And promised to finish it by Christmas. She does her best to keep her promises. Writing to her is serious business. Since young, she aspires to be an accomplished writer. This is only a baby step for her. She acknowledges that she still has so much to learn to be a better writer. Learning and growing for her is an exciting journey.

She smiles as she sips her energy tea, satisfied that she has completed 2 DIYUE fictions. Not a lot. But she felt fulfilled. At one point after she started writing, she was engrossed with the amount of readers, votes, comments and ratings of her stories. She became insatiable with numbers and constant feedbacks. She wanted everyone to like what she wrote because she wrote it from her heart. She wanted to inspire the world. After a while, she realized it distracted her from the real focus - the passion for writing. She told herself that she needs to focus on the craft, not the results. God will bring in the results.

She sits down again. She has to send her characters away, bid farewell to them and disengage herself from their world. Her real world is waiting for her. Despite being a busy mom of three and an entrepreneur, she wants to write again. As of now, she will take a step back to absorb new ideas and get new perspectives. She will spend time reading and completing some of her favourite stories. She will enjoy her time with her family during Christmas, hoping that her her readers will love this Christmas present - the fictional love story of Wang He Di and Shen Yue. Every good word is dedicated to them in the real world.

Her head bends down as her fingers swiftly typed her farewell note

Dear TMR team, 

It has been an awesome journey writing this fanfic. There had been times when I felt I was not funny enough, creative enough or skillful enough. I felt like I ran out of the right words. But you gave me the courage to continue.

Wang He Di, I really love that you did your best here to be in your best shape ever. When I wrote you, I really had in mind coaching you as my real client. I love your authencity, sincerity and care for Yue. Though I wished you were more assertive in telling her how you feel in the beginning...but you were also understanding and kind with her feelings. I will miss 'training' you.

Shen Yue, you have so much to offer the world. I like your firmness yet you were compassionate. You were strong on the outside but vulnerable on the inside. And it is okay. You don't need to look or be strong all the time. Thank you for finally opening your heart to DD and thank you for trusting him. Trust is the foundation of a strong relationship. I love writing you. You reminded me a little of me (here).

Zi Wei and Jia Qi, I love you girls! You made the story colorful as Yue's housemates. I enjoy writing Savage Wei and Gentle Jia. I wished I could also develop your story with Yi Bo and Xi Ze but that has to wait. I enjoy you two so much that I'm considering to have you in my next fic! Will you accept my invite?

Kuan, Kang and Xi Ze, I know I did not develop your characters well enough here. I should have been more patient. But I was not. I just want DIYUE to get together and have babies NOW! 😜😂 I love you guys and how you support DD. Please continue doing so until they get married and have babies.

Mike Angelo, the first time I am writing you. You are the perfect 'older brother' for Yue. Thank you for being there for her when she went through her down times. Annie is perfect for you too!

Jia Ming, Zhou Ye- the exes. Your characters are necessary for the buildup of the story. Thank you for being an asshole and a bitch.

Dee Hsu, you know I love you all the time. You are like a big sister to me. Your presence in the story is like the extra toppings on an ice-cream or the Bonita flakes on a bowl of ramen. 😋

Wu Yi Bo, this is my first time having you. Thank you for being a guest. I always imagine you to be good as a psychopath villain in dramas, maybe that will be my next fic. Here, you are just so sweet with Yue. I would love to develop your character more.

Jackson and Xie Na, I can imagine both of you on stage, rocking it as hosts!

To other minor characters eg Fang Fang, thank you for completing this story. Don't seek revenge, seek love.

To my readers, Blessed Christmas 🎄
Stay fit, healthy and happy always. (I'm tearing up a little)

💜💛 Hsien
6.12.2019