Chapter 18

Chapter 18

|Taylor Rivers|

-
"Anyone see Parrish? Haigh?" Sheriff Stilinski asked another deputy.

"Haven't seen him." Deputy Haigh said, barely looking up from his computer.

I didn't need wolf- hearing to know that he was lying. My eyes flashed red.

"What did you do to him?" I growled.

Haigh's eyes widened. I heard a door slam open. I turned around to see my uh, boyfriend covered in black soot and ashes. I watched as Jordan tackled Deputy Haigh to the floor. The Deputy tried to shoot Jordan but the gun turned. I jumped in front of the bullet so that it hit me instead of Sheriff. Jordan punched Haigh in the face until he passed out. I used my nails to dig the bullet out. My wound healed instantly. My boyfriend, who shouldn't be a supernatural, is one and he just survived being burned to death.

"Taylor. Call Derek and Scott." Lydia said.

-

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked, looking at Jordan's hands.

"Hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are dead." Lydia said, looking toward Derek.

"They should be gone." He replied.

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone." Jordan looked around.

"Not if you're like us." Scott told him.

"Like you?"

"I don't think he's like us." Derek looked between Scott and Jordan.

"What is he?" I asked.

"I'm sorry but I have no idea."

"But you knew about Kira and Jackson."

"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?"

Scott shook his head, "I don't know where he is."

"Hold on, What's a bestiary? Actually, that's not even my first question. Just tell me one thing... Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?" Jordan asked.

"Psychic?"

Jordan nodded, "Yeah."

"Not exactly." Scott said.

"Ok then, what are you?" I looked at Derek, who looked at Scott. Scott closed his eyes before opening them again, showing off his red eyes.

-

I remained silent as Scott, Derek and Lydia tried to explain to Jordan everything that's happening.

"What's a kanima?" Jordan asked.

"We'll get back to that, okay? Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the dead pool."

"But I don't even know what I am."

"Pretty sure they don't care." I mumbled.

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?"

"We're starting to lose count." Lydia said quietly.

"Are they still just professionals?" Scott asked.

"I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Jordan told us.

"That means anyone with the dead pool can take a chance." Derek added.

"Well if Haigh had it, Who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?"

None of us answered. We didn't know who had it or how easy it was to get it.