The Joke

Hey guys so let's get to it!!!Have fun!<3

Charlie POV

I looked up at the tall dark woman standing behind Alastor. "Long time no see. I've been waiting for you.". I noticed Alastor had tensed up and...wait...was that coffee dripping off his chin? This was not like Alastor. I looked back at the woman and smiled, "Hi, I'm Charlie. It's nice to meet you." I extended my hand to her. 'Maybe ease up the tension a bit.'. Alastor looked at my hand and shook his head. He quickly put his hand on mine and lowered it back to the table. The woman saw this and grinned, "Oh, Alastor dear, I see you claimed a new soul?". I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her with confusion. "Excuse me?" Alastor stood up and cleared his throat, "Rosie, may I please speak to you alone for a moment?" He gestured for them to go back inside the restaurant. I crossed my arms and huffed. The woman, Rosie, laughed, "Oh, Alastor why are you so worried? We can just chat here! So, tell me dear. What have you been up to while I was gone?". Alastor sighed and shook his head. He sat back down and motioned for Rosie to sit as well. Rosie looked at me, as if expecting something, "Um...yes?" I raised an eyebrow. She looked confused and looked back at Alastor. "Why is she talking to me?" I narrowed my eyes and stood up, "What? Because I'm a demon just like you.". Rosie gazed down at me and chuckled, "Sit down child." I clenched my teeth and looked at Alastor, "Alastor, what is going on?". He sighed and cleared his throat, "This is Rosie. We were friends when I was taking over hell. Rosie, this is Charlie. Princess of Hell, and my business partner to the Hazbin Hotel. She is also a good friend of mine. Now that we are all acquainted, can we please settle down?" I nodded slowly and sat back down. Rosie sat down and cleared out all the wrinkles from her dark dress. "So, princess of Hell, how does it feel to work with so much power? I assume, if you're working with Alastor then you match his levels, yes?" I shrugged, "I guess, I love working with him. It's a blast.". Rosie seemed to repulse at the word. She tried to hide her discomfort and disgust though, and kept going on, "So, Alastor dear, have you planned anything new for the future? Like coming back to visit Mimzy and I? Or maybe coming to live with us all together instead?". I looked between Alastor and Rosie, 'Why would she take Alastor away? We just became good friends, and I don't want her snatching him away from me.'. "Well, Alastor has been helping me with the Hotel, so I don't know if he can leave just yet." I crossed my arms and stared at her dead in the...eyes? Alastor seemed to have blushed due to the static and smiled at me, "Charlie is correct, I have invested a lot of time in this project. Rosie, why don't you stay at the hotel? Since you want to visit me so badly.". Rosie scoffed, "Alastor, you should be the one wanting to visit me. Not being with this joke- I mean, not being with this lovely lady." I narrowed my eyes. She thought I was some kind of big joke. Alastor finally decided to speak up, "Well, where is that waiter? I'm straved!" He laughed nervously looking between me and Rosie. I signed and gave a sympathetic smile towards Rosie, "Alright Rosie, let's start over?" I extended my hand for her to shake. She looked down at it then back at me, "Alright dear." I pulled back my hand since she decided not to shake it. Fine. At least we were on decent terms. I just hope she doesn't get any ideas....

Alastor's POV

'Oh dear God.' Of course Rosie had to come and visit me. Of course she had to meet Charlie. AND of course she had to act like a, excuse my foul language, bitch to Charlie. It's always been that way with Rosie though. She was, or at least still is only comfortable with me and Mimzy. The fact that she finally settled down surprised me. I sighed as I glanced at Rosie from the side as we walked back to the hotel. I wasn't too excited about Rosie meeting any of the others either, but unfortunately I had no choice. Charlie had no emotion the whole walk there. Her usual happy demeanor changed to a glum mood. When we walked in, I saw Rosie's automatic disgust. I knew her taste. It was just like mine...maybe worse. Niffty and I haven't finished the place yet, and to be honest it was in the process of looking like garbage to looking like the 1920s. Not a very good transition to say the least. Rosie huffed a laugh and shook her head. She began to walk around, inspecting every little detail, "So, princess, this is your hotel?" She turned to face Charlie. Charlie was laying on the couch, her eyes closed and her breathing slow. She sighed, "Yes. Yes it is. Do you like it?". Charlie shouldn't have asked that question. I looked back at Rosie, "Well, I'm not one to lie, but since I'm trying to be nice, sure. It looks decent. I'm assuming Alastor pitched in?". I quickly answered, "Yes indeed I did, Ms. Rosie. It is currently in the renovation process, so you have no place to judge Charlie at this moment." I narrowed my eyes at Rosie and she clenched her jaw. Charlie stood up, "I'm going to go look for Vaggie. I'll see you around Ms.Rosie." with that she walked off. I noticed how her usual straight posture now turned low and bent due to either stress, or anger that she couldn't get out. 'I'm sorry Charlie...this is my fault...' I turned back to Rosie and glared at her,"Why are you here, Rosie? You have to have an actual reason besides wanting to visit me. So what is it?" I manifested my cane in my hand. Rosie laughed bitterly, "You used to believe me. We used to be so strong together. We can be like that again Alastor. You're right, I'm not only here for a measly visit. I'm also here to recruit you. Mimzy and I miss the old days... when we were all together and happy, ruling over Hell. We can do that again! Alastor dear, we can be like that again, we can leave this disgusting place and go back home." She walked towards me and reached for my arm. I stared at her in shock. It's been so long since I've seen Mimzy. So long since I've seen home... I stepped away from Rosie, missing her touch, "No. My place is here. With Charlie. They need me. I promised them a hotel and I shall give them one. Those days of us destroying Hell is over. Lucifer took his place, and that's it." I pursed my lips together in a thin line. Rosie shook her head slowly, her face in total shock, "No. They don't need you. You mean, She needs you. You didn't promise them a hotel, you promised Her a hotel. She's changed you, Alastor... I didn't think that could happen, but I guess I was wrong. What a joke..." she laughed, "What a fucking joke.". I put my hands behind my back and waited for her to stop. She stared at her dress, "Oh my, look at my dress. How dirty. I just have to clean it up. A proper lady doesn't wear this."  Black tears began to well at her empty black eyes. She smiled a sad smile, her sharp teeth shining in the soft light. "Well, I guess I'll go find my room upstairs. I'll see you tomorrow, Alastor dear. Have a good day." with that, she manifested her old fashioned umbrella and walked up the hotel staircase. I watched her the whole way. 'I'm so sorry Rosie...I'm so so sorry...'

Charlie's POV

I watched from upstairs the whole conversation. 'This is all my fault...' I ruined their friendship... I ruined everything for them. Why would Alastor do this for me. How could he do this? Rosie just wants her old friend back. Although her plan to take over Hell made me more upset than that t.v woman, I still felt sympathetic towards her. Maybe I could make up with her? Maybe become actual friends? I need to fix this... Fricking Alastor... When I saw her cry and walk up those stairs, trying to keep her head high, I couldn't help but run to Angel. He knows more about girlie stuff than I do. He even knows more than Vaggie does, so maybe he could help me get through to Rosie?
I WILL get through to her!
I swear it.

Hey guys, hoped you all liked it!!<3 I don't understand how I have 400 something reads already, bc this is actual garbage, but thank you all anyway! I love you all!!! Please comment and have fun!!!