Ch. 4

"What do you mean she was taken, isn't it your job to look after her?" Avery exclaimed.

Jay flinched slightly at her harsh tone.

"Look, shouting about it will do no good. All we can do is try and find her." Adam argued, protecting his friends.

Avery clenched her jaw and sighed dramatically.

"Well, Ava Blue was the perfect neighbour. Nothing unusual, apart from the fact that when she did leave, she did come back until days later." Vanessa explained.

"Well, Ava Blue had a brother. His name is Colin Blue and he runs a satanic church on the outskirts of New York." Atwater told everyone.

"That's where she'll be then." Voight nodded.

"Then we need to go, right?" Avery asked desperately.

"We don't have any jurisdiction in New York." Adam said, stroking his chin.

"Then tell me you know someone who does!" Avery demanded.

"Yeah, we do."

*<*

"Detective Voight, it's good to see you again." Olivia Benson said, shaking his hand.

"Lieutenant Benson, thank you for working with us on this." Voight told her.

"No problem. Do we now where and when we'll be hitting?" she asked.

"A satanic church on the outskirts of the city." Vanessa explained.

"It's called The Great Saviour Church. They hold rituals every Sunday, at midnight exactly." Avery continued.

"How do you know that?" Jay questioned.

"It's all on their website." Avery geld up her phone with the webpage on it.

The graphics were awful, the colours mixed terribly and it looked like a five year old had been put under immense pressure to try and make it.

"I'm pretty sure my boyfriends little brother could make a better webpage." Avery commented, before turning her phone off.

"So, we'll strike at midnight when they're all in one place." Olivia said, prompting everyone to nod.

"In the mean time, get ready. Avery, that includes you." Voight told them.

"Yes sir." Avery mumbled. She would definitely have to change her shoes.

*~*

Avery slipped on a pair of trainers Olivia had lent her and checked that her gun was in place twice.

It had been a while since she had been out in the field.

"You good?" Vanessa asked, leaning on a nearby wall.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous." Avery smiled, shaking herself down a bit.

"Well, we'll be leaving in 10 minutes. So be ready for then." Vanessa told her, before leaving.

Avery huffed and took her phone out.

She noticed a text from her boyfriend. She smiled at how sweet he was before putting her phone back in her pocket and followed after Vanessa.

*=*

Bee struggled against the hands holding her against the cold stone table.

The familiar bad man stood next to her, a crazy look in his eye.

"This is what happens when you upset me." he mumbled. Bee could just about hear it.

"Lord Satan, we offer you this sacrifice. In return, we ask for your protection." he announced loudly, throwing his hands up dramatically.

Everyone in the small room cheered, some raising glasses.

He took out a sharp knife from his robe pocket and held it above Bees chest.

She struggled harder and screamed in fear.

"N.Y P.D, everybody get on the ground!" a voice shouted, the doors being kicked down and people welding guns stormed in.

All the satanists got on their knees, hands behind their heads.

They had all done this before.

"Colin Blue, your under arrest for kidnapping, suspected murder and attempted murder." Avery started reading out his rights as she harshly grabbed his wrists and handcuffed him.

She passed him on to Voight, who dragged him out.

"Ava!" Bee cried, jumping into her arms.

Avery put her hands around Bee and held her close.

"I was scared." Bee whimpered into Averys shoulder.

"I know sweetie, but your safe now." Avery reassured her.

"I promise."

*&*

Avery sat in the break room with Bee on her lap.

"So what's going to happen now?" Bee asked.

"I'm not sure." Avery shrugged.

"But I'm sure it will all get better."

                                *#*

The End