"Oh no!" Hikaru exclaimed suddenly, dreadful.

"What's wrong, Nii-chan?" Mirai grew worry.

"Should I be scare, Mi-chan? I have just threatened to kill a prince!" A mischievous glint was in Hikaru's eyes.

Mirai giggled before faking a cry, "And it would be my fault. How is it, Nii-chan? We just made up, should we separate again so soon?"

And with that, they laughed together.

Mirai giggled remembering that scene. She took a deep breath. It was really good to have her brother back as usual. Seeing how he had defended her against the prince of their kingdom, she had been sure of something.

They are hurt as badly as you are. What Ryosuke said was right. When she encouraged herself to look them on their eyes, she could tell that they mirrored her sorrow. Father, brother, mother; they had indeed broken one of their promises, but they never faked their love for her.

Mirai buried her face onto her pillow. Ryosuke just met her family for a short time, but he could figure them out clearly. Did he always like that? Had he read her, too, that he planned such unpredictable act just to prove her about her brother's true feeling?

The eyes tell us what's inside a person's heart.

Ryosuke had said that. But why she could not see anything in his eyes? His eyes only showed her darkness and cold, like a limitless depth that she would not be able to dive in. It frustrated her. Though he said that they did not need to be friends, she still needed to understand him. He said that he had known everything about her, but she did not know anything about him. It was just unfair. And the way he behaved...

"No need to thank me. I just gave you a little push because you were too afraid to admit the truth," Ryosuke dismissed her gratitude when she talked to him after the dinner two days ago.

"But still, I thank you for everything."

"You know, I didn't do it for you." He coldly said.

Seeing Mirai's confused look, he added, "My lady, I have ever warned you to not jump into conclusion with everything I do, haven't I?"

"If not to help me, then what was your reason?"

He looked into her eyes, "I don't have to tell you. Beside, you still have your father to think of. "

She frowned, "You don't need to tell me. I know."

"Good then," he started to walk away.

"Where are you going?"

He halted and turned his head to look at her, "Just need to do something."

"When will you return?"

"Later. No need to wait me." He strode away completely.

He always denied the gratitude. He always convinced her that he did everything for his own advantages. Why was he so bothered if she thought that he was kind?

"My lady," Miru's voice interrupted her thought.

Mirai pushed herself to get up from the bed, "Come in."

Miru entered carrying the usual stuff. Seeing her, Mirai narrowed her eyes. Why did she not think about it before? Miru knew a lot about Ryosuke, right? Why didn't she ask her?

"Eh, why do you look at me like that?" Miru noticing the unusual look Mirai gave her.

"Miru-chan, tell me about him," she asked straightforwardly.

Dream and Fateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें