Chapter 9

1st P.O.V

"I had no idea..." I trail off a Todoroki continues to eat his soba.

"Yeah, it's pretty well hidden," Todoroki replies.

"I'm just glad that you consider me as someone you can talk to. It's good to unburden your soul sometimes." I tell him as he nods.

"Thank you." He replies as he slowly begins to stand up.

"We should head back, I'm pretty sure my match is soon." Todoroki replies as I also stand up.

"You're probably right. It has been a while." I say as we both begin to walk back to the waiting rooms.

"I know you're going to do great!" I exclaim to Todoroki as he nods.

"Thank you, L/N." Todoroki replies causing me to smile.

"No problem! I'll be watching from the stands!" I say to him as I walk back to the arena. Once I step outside, I take a seat next to Kaminari. He gives me a quick glance.

"Hey L/N." He says as Tsu turns to me.

"Ah, L/N! Where did you go? Kero." She asks as I freeze up for a moment.

"Oh, I went to the cafeteria for a snack and some alone time." I say as she nods in understanding.

"Congrats on your win earlier!" Kaminari says as he pats me on the back.

"Thanks! I'm just a bit nervous since I'm going up against Tokoyami. I don't really have a good strategy so far either." I scratch the back of my head with a nervous smile.

"Don't worry! I'm sure you'll do great!"

"And for this go-round of the sports festival, both competitors are at the top of their class! And the world ain't big enough for both of them!" Present Mic announces, turning my attention back the arena.

"Todoroki V.S. Midoriya, start!" He exclaims.

They both charge at each other as Todoroki uses his ice to create a long line that hurls towards Izuku. Izuku flicks his hand and the ice blows away. I rub my arms as a cold chill goes through the stadium.

Todoroki does the same thing as before, as well as Izuku. Todoroki creates a wall of ice behind him to prevent him from falling out of the ring. This goes on a few more times until most of Izuku's fingers are broken. I look on in slight awe and worry for Izuku's health but it doesn't even seem to phase him one bit!

Todoroki makes his way over to Izuku on an ice beam as I can practically see the panic on Izuku's face. Izuku flicks the beam he was on away as Todoroki softly lands.

He sends another ice beam at Izuku as Izuku quickly stumbles backward. Izuku blasts it again, causing Todoroki to stumble back and create an ice wall behind him to catch him.

They're both now starting at each other, catching their breaths.

Is Todoroki...shivering?

I guess he's getting close to his limit. If only he would use his fire quirk to cancel out his ice quirk's drawbacks!

Izuku shatters another one of Todoroki's ice beams as I look at him in confusion. I look on the big screen to see that one of Izuku's fingers are now a deeper purple than the others.

"Use your full power, Todoroki!" I stand up and I and Izuku yell at the top of our lungs simultaneously. I continue to stand after that, bouncing with anticipation and excitement.

A scowl makes it's way onto his face as they both lunge at each other. Izuku punches Todoroki in the stomach, sending him flying. He flies back quite a bit, forcefully hitting the ground. Todoroki slowly gets up, clutching his stomach.