Chapter 36: Amber

Finding a hotel to stay in wasn't hard finding a home to stay in was definitely going to be a difficult task considering I don't trust many places. I feel like I'm being watched everywhere even right now while I'm standing at the window of our hotel room.
"Nadia? Baby, come back to bed." River snaked her arms around my waist and cuddled into my back. I held onto her arms and sighed.
"I'll be there in a minute babe, I want to make sure there was no one following us." She just held onto me tighter not wanting to let go. "I need to check up on something on the computer then I promise baby I'll be back in bed." Turning around in Rivers arms I put my own arms around her and gave her head a kiss. She went to lay down and as promised after checking for an email I joined her in bed. Just as I was about to fall asleep the fire alarm went off.
"Stay here," River only nodded as I quickly made my way to the other girls.
"There's no fire, I checked all cameras." Tamsin said with Adalyn standing next to her. Daisy and Lyra came out of their room both wearing robes, Kara was at my side within seconds.
"Jasmine?"
"She's with River," Kara said. Jasmine is Rivers bodyguard as she is one of my protectors.
"Check the air, make sure there's no smoke or gas." I told Tamsin cause if there was gas we needed to get out of here fast. We weren't prepared this time for another gas attack.
"Security alarms going off on the east side of the building, there's three people in all black with guns." Tamsin said as she was watching the screen and switching cameras as they entered the building.
"They are witches, the symbol on the right arm there, it's for a witch clan out in Florida. Jennifer had us visit them." Kara said. The three witches were making their way up the stairs and onto our floor.
"Tamsin take Adalyn into the room over there. Daisy, Lyra go back to your room. Kara come with me." I showed Kara where to stand and then I stood in another corner next to the door waiting for the three witches to come in.

They will use magic to get in, use this spell to stay hidden and blend in with your surroundings, invisibilia

I could hear Kara say through mind link I couldn't see her but she knows I heard her and I didn't have to respond.
"Invisibilia," I whispered and I didn't really feel any different and just a few seconds later after I did the spell the witches came bursting through the door. They were like soldiers storming into a building. Before they could enter any room Kara and I made our move. She went with magic and got the first witch down but me being a badass assassin I took the last two down with some kung fu moves. Before I could realize what happened I was on my back with the wind knocked out of me.
"Two Runics down, the assassin's are in the bedrooms." The witch above me said. My hands were forced to my chest, my palms facing towards me. I looked to the ones we took down and their bodies disappeared. I quickly checked on Kara and she was in the same position as I was with a witch on top of her. Another witch entered just as Tamsin, Adalyn Daisy and Lyra came out of their rooms. They were about to rush the witch when she quickly said some kind of spell and they all fell to the ground.
"What did you do to them!?" I yelled at the witch with so much venom in my tone. I struggled against whatever was keeping me from moving my arms but as I did something burned my chest I looked and saw I was doing it.
"Natalia don't struggle! They used spelled cuffs, the more you struggle the more you burn yourself with magic." Kara said as she lay still on the floor. She was picked up by the witch but she shrugged them off screaming in pain as she did.
"Where's the girl?" One of the witches asked the other. She pointed to a room and I watched as they entered the room River and Jasmine were in. I screamed at them and struggled again getting up and ignoring the burning pain but a witch held me back. All of sudden the witch who entered was thrown back out. Jasmine came out of the room and saw what was happening.
"I told you not to underestimate the Runics, do I have to take care of everything myself?" The witch holding me back growled. Jasmine stood her ground waiting for what the witch had to throw at her.
"I don't want to fight you, I just need you to come with me. My name is Lily, I was sent here to kidnap Miss Iron-Hearts Mate but I think we can make a deal if you come with us." Lily didn't make any other move to attack Jasmine but that didn't stop Jasmine from being on high alert. Before she could say anything she was attacked from behind by the witch who took Kara down. Jasmine moved quickly and deflected the spell and made the witch fall with her hands in the same position as me and Kara.
"I know your moves so don't even try them on me. I trained with your clan for three years. If you try anything else," Jasmine held out her hand to the witch below her and the witch started screaming. "She dies, now let's start talking about their release." Lily looked calm, she just smirked.
"She's just another member of the clan, she knows the risks when we take jobs, do you even have the guts to kill another human being?" Lily asked with a raised brow challenging Jasmine. River came out of the room holding a gun in her hand. Once she saw me she aimed her gun at the witch near me. Lily didn't even get to say a thing before River took her shot at the witch. Since no one was expecting her to shoot no one did anything to deflect the bullet. The witch went down and lily stared wide eyed at her.
"You just killed Rachel," Lily seemed calmed but then something changed in her. "You better run little human." Lily said a little scared. All of sudden another person appeared in the room looking down at Rachel. He looked around finding Lily and walking up to her quickly.
"It wasn't me! The girl killed her! The human right there!" Lily was frightened and pointed to River. The man stopped and looked at River who was still holding the gun. He walked over to her but River took a shot which he deflected almost hitting Kara.
"Leave her alone! River drop the gun!" I yelled she dropped it and he still kept advancing towards her. Jasmine stepped between the man and River before he could reach her.
"Step aside witch, she's the only one I want here. No one else has to die." He growled.
"I'm no witch, if you want her you have to go through me first. I'll die before you can get to her." Jasmine said standing her ground.
"Your mate will die tonight." He went to push Jasmine out of the way but she deflected his actions. He seemed to be stronger than she was since she is still training but her will to keep River safe was so much stronger. I looked to Lily and she was about to leave but I stopped her she turned to me frightened.
"You will let me go now." I said to her sternly. She just nodded her head walking over to me and taking off the cuffs. Once I was free I waved my hand knocking out Lily so she couldn't escape.
"Back off my mate before I kill you and I'm not afraid to do it." I said standing behind the man. He turned to me finally looking at me and once he saw me his whole demeanor changed. He backed off and was calmer now.
"I'm so sorry, I reacted and didn't know. Will you forgive me?" He pleaded. I held out my hand wanting my girl close to me with all that has happened within just a few minutes I don't want her out of my sight. She understood and quickly was at my side holding onto my arm. Jasmine took a protective stance beside River but wasn't too close to her.
"What's your name? You know who I am?" I asked the man who was much calmer but now was crying.
"My name is Ivan and of course I would know who you are, you have to be living under a rock not to know you, Miss Iron-Heart, the youngest of the siblings the last of your family." Ivan said.
"Last? I have siblings who are alive I'm not the last...right?" I asked hopefully, I can't lose my family, I haven't even met them yet.
"They all died, your aunt made sure no one escaped the house that night you were born. We were told that you didn't survive either but a witch saw you, she told us you would come back and take away the Magic's world from your aunt." He said. If my sister died how was I able to see and talk to her.
"You're a runic?"
"Yes, I'm part of a small clan in Northern Ireland, my mate," he motioned to Rachel on the ground. "She was a witch, I met her while I was on vacation with my brothers." I knelt down to Rachel and put my hand over her chest. Her heart was weak, the bullet barely grazed her artery, I looked to River and she looked guilty. I stood up quickly shaking my head taking her in my arms.
"Baby don't do that, you saw I was in danger and so were the others and you acted. I'm proud of you, you did great. She's not dead, you are such an awesome shot that you missed important things." I kissed her lips then her forehead then finally I left a lingering kiss on top of her head before pulling her into me.
"She's right you know, you saw the love of you life in danger and did something to protect her. I would've done the same thing, I did do the same thing. I'm trained to think before acting and I ignored all of it and attacked." Ivan said getting closer but I looked at him giving him a warning and he backed off. I could River relaxing a bit and her guiltily feeling going away slowly.
"Free Kara, free the witch then I need you all with Magic's to come over here and help me." I took ahold of Rachel's hands and Ivan grabbed her other hand. "Kara over here with me, Jasmine right here, and you, right there. We are going to heal her, Jasmine you're the one who has more medial experience I need you to guide the bullet through and back out. The rest of us will focus on healing her." I started the healing process as I focused all energy to her brain. Jasmine slowly guided the bullet back through the entry way missing all of the artery's.
"Almost there, don't close the wound just yet." Jasmine said just as the bullet came out. Rachel stirred a bit before sitting up, she looked down as the wound was healing then looked to River. Before any of us could say or do anything she said a spell.
"No, Rachel stop!" Ivan said but didn't stop her in time. River collapsed to the floor, anger flowed through me but something calmed me down. I looked down seeing both Kara and Jasmine holding onto me. I got out of their grasp and went to River taking her in my arms. Taking her wrist and checking for a pulse and she was still alive.
"What the hell?! We just saved your life and in return you do this!" I yelled at her.
"Baby this is Nadia, the girl you just attacked is River her soul mate. She felt guilty for shooting you and the girls here all helped me heal you." Rachel looked around at us and just smiled. She said another spell and the ones who were all knocked out sat up straight frightened. River was freaking out but stopped when I held onto her tighter. She leaned more into my arms.
"What the fuck just happened?" Daisy asked walking over to where I was. "Is she okay? River did they hurt you?" Daisy asked with concern and worry. She started getting protective and that right there wanted my heart. Daisy, the girl I've been with most of my life who is like a sister to me, is protecting my girl.
"No, I'm fine." River said as she just held onto me. Daisy looked over at me worried and I just nodded my head.
"You were sent to kidnap my girlfriend, why?" I asked the witches who were all now standing together on one side of the room. Before any of them could answer my phone started ringing.