Chapter 34: One Last Time

"You lied to me! You broke my heart and tore it to pieces! I told you my feelings.....I fucking poured my heart out to you and you shattered it!" It went black after that.

TWO DAYS EARLIER

POV Natalia

"My names Brianna, I'm here for training." I said as I entered the gym place. I've scouted this gym for a week now and now it was time to see the inside. I was here to kill whoever is after Adalyn.
"Right this way, our trainer will help you out." The lady led me into the gym and to a room with mats. "George, your new girl is here." The lady said and than left.
"Hello, I'm Brianna," I held my hand out for him. He took it and shook my hand.
"George, let's get to some stretching and then we will do some basic training stuff I do with my other clients."
"Okay, cool." I said. We did a lot of warm ups and stretching before actually getting to the fighting part. He taught me basics like different styles of kicking and then punching the right way. When he showed me one of the kicks, he was showing me wrong but I did exactly like he did so he wouldn't suspect anything.
"You're a natural talent." He said as I was practicing some of the kicking.
"Or I'm just a quick leaner." I said with a little laugh. He went behind me and stood very close to me. I felt uncomfortable and stopped kicking.
"Don't lie to me, Brianna." He put his hands on my waist and held me close. "You just wanted a private session with me, so we can...."
"Whoa, whoa, hold it, I came here to train and get better with my fighting skills and self defense. That's all I'm here for." I said. I pushed him off a little.
"Oh come on, don't deny it. We both know that connection is there." He held onto me tighter. He started moving his hands over my body but I pushed back hard and turned to my side to do a side kick to push him further from me.
"I said no and no means no, your right thought about one thing, I'm not just here to get training, I'm here for information I'm looking for David," I said going closer to him as he got up and got into a fighting stance.
"I don't know what you're talking about but your going to regret ever laying a hand on me." He said before rushing into a punch. I blocked his punch and pushed him back again.
"You're in over your head if you think you can even land a punch on me." I said laughing a little.
"What's so funny?" He asked as he tried to punch me again.
"You fighting me," he seemed to get angry and lunged he at me taking me down. I quickly recovered and rolled us over so I was on top of him. I pinned his arms to his side while I put them under my legs so he couldn't move. "You're going to tell me everything I want to know and I will get what I want but it's up to you to choose we can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way." I said taking a pocket knife out of my bag that I was luckily to have close to me. I opened the knife and traced it across his face without cutting him just yet.
"Fuck you, I already told you I have no idea who David Hayward is!" He yelled and than spit at me. I wiped off what he spit at me and than put the knife to his neck.
"I never said his last name, now, I want to know where he is? What he wants with Adalyn Price? And how many guards he has?" He kept his mouth closed. I put pressure on the knife and moved it down his neck. He hissed in pain but still didn't speak. I moved the knife to his chest and ripped his shirt off. I cut down and across his chest but he still wouldn't speak.
"You'll have to do better than that." He said through clenched teeth.
"Oh Georgie, Georgie....I'm just getting started." I got some duct tape and rope from my bag and made a show of pulling out different tools I could use to torture him with. Finally after getting everything out I took the biggest knife I had and waved it back and forth in front of his face then finally knocking him out cold. I tied his hand together and than put them on a chain and hung him up so he was hanging by his hands. I duct taped his mouth and than left the room. I looked for the lady who was at the front.
"Can I help you with something?" The lady asked from behind me.
"Yes, George and I want a little privacy if you know what I mean so could keep people out?" I asked her. She smiled seeming to know.
"Oh I know the drill, he's always having his private sessions but do t worry he gets tested every week. Have fun" she said. I just smiled and rolled my eyes once she turned around and walked away. I went back in the room and waited for him to wake up. I took the time to take out what tools I had to use as torture. I used them mostly just for show. I've only ever had to use them twice. Minutes after he groaned waking up.
"You're going to tell me everything I want to know, than I'll decided if I need to kill you or not." I said taking my pliers and a knife.
"You won't kill me." He said.
"Try me, I've killed many people in my work. I know how to make it look like an accident and or a suicide. I'm very skilled and know how to get away. You don't even know my real name and you'll never know. Now answer my three questions and you might live." He stayed silent and just stared at me. I took the pliers and put one of his finger between them and placing it at an angle that would snap his finger. I looked at him and he just stared straight ahead.
"You're bluffing," he said.
"And you've got a broken finger," I said smirking.
"No I...Aahhhh," he started screaming as I twisted his finger making it stick out at an odd angle. He still didn't speak so I broke a couple more fingers. I put the pliers back and took a rag and a water bottle. I asked him the same questions but he wouldn't answer so I placed the tag over his face and poured the water on him. He tried pushing forward and trying to make the tag fall but I pulled hard on his hair keeping his head back. He coughed and struggled as the water ran out.
"Last time, if you don't answer me you will die." I said. He smirked at me and just stayed silent. I stepped back from him and held my hand out towards him. I felt his energy and I could feel the blood rushing inside his veins. I started heating his blood up and he started screaming. I stopped before he could die and moved my hand towards where his lungs were and felt the air going in and out as he was breathing. I stopped the oxygen from going in and he gasped for air. I looked into his pleading eyes as the life was about to leave him.
"I'll....t..tal..." he gasped out. I let air flow through and he gasped the air going through his lungs.
"Talk," I said crossing my arms.
"David Hayward has a beach house in California, he usually has 10 guards around him but 50 guards at his houses. He's only mentioned Adalyn's name once, the name Price was the main topic of every meeting. He claims that the Price family killed his son and daughter and stole some of his money from one of the drug houses." He said.
"Address of the beach house, write it down," I said cutting him lose and giving him a pen and paper. I left him and called the academy giving them the information and asked for a ticket to California. As I was waiting to board the plane I got so many texts from Daisy telling me that River is safe and is with her now. Than a text from a random number asking when I will be back. I called the number and waited for an answer.
"Hello," I heard the female voice. She sounded like she was happy. I couldn't ruin it, so I stayed quiet. "Hello?......Natalia?" I hung up and switched the phone off. I wonder if she gave much thought to what I had said.
"Flight 727 is now boarding to California," I heard over the intercom. I got onto the plane and watched out the window as the plane lifted off. I slept the whole flight and got a taxi to a hotel near the airport. I set up my laptop and got my guns put away. It was late, once I had laid my head down on the pillow I closed my eyes and slept.
"Room service." I heard from behind the door of my hotel room.
"No thank you," I replied and finished packing everything I need to infiltrate the beach house. I called one of my contacts who can back me up and help me with my next mission.
"No, find Lawson and see what he's up to these days. I want his whereabouts and Jansens. I want to know if they have anything planned got it? Good," I said as I was on my way to the beach house. Once I got there, a small team was waiting for me.
"Alright you guys are my distraction, keep all guards busy, there's at least 50 maybe more, if you have to kill them. I'll take out the personal 10 guards. If I need you I gave him my code words and he will lead you inside but if it's all good I gave him the code words and once he hears them than follow him and move out. Are we all clear?" Everyone nodded their heads. I put on my suit from the academy with my rank on my arm. I grabbed a couple guns and waited for the commotion to start. Once I heard gun fire I ran to a side entrance knocking out the two guards there and waited for other guards to leave before going in. The plans for the beach house weren't that hard to find. I knew exactly where David was. His safe room was in his study and that's exactly where I will be going. As I peered into the room I saw five guards, two at the door, two at the window and one near me. I quickly entered the room killing the one near me first, I used the guards body to shield me as I killed the two at the window and than killed one of the other guards at the door. The last guard  ducked past a desk. I pulled out a small charge I created myself and threw it across the room next to the guard. The explosion went off and I stood up from where I was and made my way to the safe room entrance.
"David Hayward, I suggest you come out with your hands up and surrender if not than we can do it the hard way." I said aiming my gun at the door. The door opened and David came out with his hands up.
"An assassin, if you're going to kill me than can I at least see who my killer is?" He asked. I took off my face mask and hood. "Natalia, if you're here who is protecting Adalyn?" He smirked. I just glared at him as I got closer to him with the gun to his head.
"I really just want to kill you right now, my orders are to bring you in alive but if you give me trouble than I won't hesitate to put a bullet in your brain." I know killing an unarmed man wasn't right. So I gave him my second gun and backed away. He just checked the clip and the chamber and aimed right at me and took a shot. I went flying backwards as it hit me in the chest.
"Of course you put a bullet proof vest on." He said chuckling. I recovered quickly and shot him in the leg. He fell down and I stood up and over him. "There was no chance I was leaving here alive, you planned to kill me."
"I did," I picked up his gun he had and shot at the wall. I than shot him in the neck before putting the gun back in his hand.
"Wrap it up and go home, no take home today." I said as the shooting stopped. I could hear people rushing to get where I was so I made a quick exit. I left the house and made my way back to the hotel I was staying at. I got a call from Jared who was angry that I had killed David but I told him it was self defense. I hung up with him and he just said he'll check it out and he will send people after me if I was lying. I was packing my stuff up to go back and meet with Daisy when my phone went off and it was her.
N- Hey I was just....
D- Natalia, it's Lyra, you need to get back now! I can't find Daisy and she left a note that makes no sense, it....oh god...Natalia I don't know what to do.
Someone took the phone from Lyra as she started sobbing.
T- it's Tamsin, Daisy has gone Code XS on us, she left a few hours ago.
N- I'm on my way back home now, I know where she went. Get Lyria and meet me at the airport.
I rushed my things out to my Uber and made it to the airport. I couldn't wait for a plane so I asked for a private jet and used my secret service badge to get it all rushed and everything cleared. Once I landed I found Tamsin right away.
"Go here, this is where she will be." I handed Tamsin a paper and she put it in her GPS and we drove away from the airport. In our academy there was a girl named Stormy, she was kind and sweet but once she started doing missions things for her got dark. She was haunted by the people she killed and fell into a depression. She got help and was okay for a little while but than disappeared. Friends of hers found her body in her bedroom. She had taken pills and drank a bottle of vodka. After that all happened we made a code up after her as time went on and more Assassins showed signs, Code XS.
"Where are we?"
"There's an old house in the woods. It's a two minute walk. She'll be there but first I got to know what happened." I looked at the two girls.
"We had a fight when you were gone, we've been fighting for awhile. She thinks I'm cheating on her but I've proven to her I haven't. I don't know what wrong. She hasn't been herself lately." Lyra said. I got out of the car with the other two following. We all walked to the house and lights were on inside.
"Tamsin wait out here and call this number, tell whoever answers to meet here." I said giving her a number from my phone. I walked inside and could hear music playing from upstairs. Lyra walked behind me and followed me to a bedroom where Daisy was crying on the bed and a gun in her hand.
"Daisy, hey, what's going on?" I said. She turned to look at me then looked behind me. She just cried harder and turned back around and held the gun up.
"Back off, you can't change what happened," she held the gun to us and I stopped walking closer to her.
"Can we just talk before we do anything rash." I asked and she stood up and look at me. Her eyes were red and puffy.
"Okay, fine, like I said you can't change what happened." I nodded and waited for her to talk. "I don't know how this is happening right now, she's gone Natalia! This is what happens when we are in this line of work. How did I think I could have a life like this? You know what I'm talking about? The enemy uses your loved ones against you, I don't think I can do it anymore. Not now, she fucking gone! I can't take it anymore. The pain is too much, first you left and now she's gone. I do t want do it anymore." She lifted the gun and just looked at it.
"Daisy, babe talk to me, who are talking about?" Lyra asked.
"Amber, she's gone. They took my baby girl." Daisy said as more tears came out and she sobbed harder.
"The little girl, your daughter, who took her?" Lyra asked.
"His name is Pietro Valentino, I killed his family during a drug bust. They put up a fight and neither of them wanted to be taken alive. Pietro wasn't there and wasn't in the business with his family but after his family was murdered he started seeking revenge. I thought he was locked up but no one told me he got out. After he got out he went to her home. He took Amber and tortured her. I tried getting to her before he could do anything else but I failed. I went to the wrong location and didn't do what he asked. I watched a live feed of him killing her. She's, my baby, my angel, my princess......she's gone." Daisy just sobbed and fell to the floor. I took that opportunity to take the gun and I held her close. She gripped onto me and kept on crying. I felt tears starting to fall from me and I thought about Amber. I'm never going to see my little monkey again. I cried with her and gave Lyra the gun. I'm going to hunt Pietro down and kill him. He killed an innocent little child and he was going to pay for what he did to her. Tamsin came into the room with someone behind her. It was Jasmine, she stood there with Kara and Adalyn. They looked at me and I moved away so Lyra could comfort Daisy.
"Did you call the number?" I asked Tamsin.
"Yeah, they said they would get here in two hours." I thanked her and walked away. I moved past Kara and she took my hand in hers.
"Jennifer helped me wake her up." Jasmine said. I squeezed her hand and pulled away going downstairs. I found River standing by the fireplace where there was photos of Amber, Daisy and I when we came here after Amber was born.
"You three look really cute together, like a small little family. I want that....I want a family like this, I want a family with you." She says turning to me with a sad smile. "I'm sorry for what happened to Amber," she said and I walked into her arms as she just held me while I cried. We sat on the couch, she rubbed circles on my arm as she held me close. Kara and Jasmine came downstairs and were in the kitchen looking for I'm guessing food. I heard some shouting but what got my attention was a small alarm going off. I got up quickly and checked the security cameras. The ones on the outer perimeter were down. I checked one last hidden one and I saw people coming near the place with guns.
"Jas, Kara take River to the other side of the lake. There's a boat right over there. Shield it, I need to go get the others." I said giving River a hug and turned to leave but River pulled me back and kissed me before letting go. I smiled at her as I ran to see Lyra and Daisy laying in the bed.
"Time to go, we have company, I told the others to take the boat which leaves us with the kayaks. You and Lyra take one I'll get the other two." I said leaving the room just as the front door was busted down. Daisy opened up her closet and opened a secret door full of weapons. She tossed me a couple knifes, two clips and a pistol. I quietly made my way out but could still hear the others arguing in the back room.
"Seriously arguing at the wrong time." I said quietly to myself. I opened the door as I saw them shouting at each other.
"NO YOU LIED TO ME! I CANT BELIEVE YOU! YOU PROMISED ME!" Adalyn yelled.
"I'm not the one who told me to go have some fucking fun!" Tamsin yelled back.
"Hello!" I yelled and just as I did I heard the click of a gun I looked to my side and saw a guy aiming right at me.
"No that's not what I said. You lied to me! You broke my heart and tore it to pieces! I told you my feelings.....I fucking poured my heart out to you and you shattered it by sleeping with her!" Adalyn yelled just as I was shot. I felt the pain in my chest. It went black after that.

Adalyn POV
I screamed as Natalia was shot. I was in shock and didn't react fast enough as a guy showed himself with a gun. Tamsin got in front of me as he shot her.
"TAMSIN!!" I caught her before she could fall to the ground. "Baby please don't leave, please don't leave," I cried as she was gasping for air.
"I love you Adal-Adalyn." She said as she fell back lifeless. The guy aimed at me. He wasn't shooting though.
"Where's River?" He asked.
"I'm not telling you a fucking thing." He walked away but then came back and shot at me but it missed as he fell down. Daisy knelt down beside Natalia and tried picking her up as she sobbed. Lyra helped Daisy pull her into the room with us. We all sat there with the door shut waiting for more people to come and kill us.

Yeah I disappeared yet again and again I'm am so very very sorry!!!