The First Day

"Welcome to the academy of magic!" That's the first thing I hear today other then gossip from those typical friend groups or people who introduce themselves to others who they think will accept them in their friendgroup to have at least some friends around here. Myself am not really a friend type. I'm used to being alone. I didn't have any friends on my last academy so this is not any different. This is my second well 'magic academy' in my life. On my last academy they said I had so much talent that I belong on a school like this. Apparently only the best of the best can enter this school. With talent they don't mean talent, not to me anyways. I've been different my entire life. With talent they mean powerful yet dangerous. They said I was special everyday at least once. I hope they will treat me different here. Don't get me wrong not that I didn't like to be treated in a nice and kinda normal way but I was convinced that I wasn't normal and I could only think about special in a negative way. Different, Is what it meant to me. Different from the rest. I never talked to any of the other students. Some students thought I was just weird. Others thought I was just shy but never took the initiative to ever talk to me. When someone did talk to me I could never talk about my powers / abilities. Mainly because they were different and no one was allowed to find out. I wasn't really talkative myself but still I had rules I had to follow. They kept me in the shadows. They thought I was dumb, treated me more like a young child who didn't understand much yet. None of it was true because I knew the truth. I could see every lie. Heard every truth. But I pretended like I was hit with stupidity. That I didn't know much about what the teachers and councelers said about me. There was one person who knew I wasn't that stupid. One person who knew that I knew all these things that they didn't want me to find out about. You could say she was my best friend. My only friend. She was young but smart. Didn't have much experience with the academy yet because she was an intern. She didn't blend in yet. The perfect upportunity to talk to me in secret and making me feel a bit more normal then the others made me feel. "Mister Dawkins". Is what I hear bursting through my train of thoughts. I look at my left and right and see that everyone has left already. Some of them were still talking to eachother. "Hello there". I'm Mister Bernard. He sticks out his hand and shakes mine. "hello". I say back still recovering from snapping back into the real world. "if you would please follow me". Bernard says and waits for me to stand up. I stand up and nod slightly. I follow him down a long hallway and try to not make any eye contact with other students. We enter a very rich, medieval styled room that looks like an office. "sit down please". He says and so I sit down. He sits down across from me behind his desk. "so mister dawkins, this is your second academy already". He says to me with a smile. I keep looking down and don't say a word. "I understand your silence, this must be so confusing to you". He says a bit more serious. I look up remaining being silent. "We have understood that you have been sended to this academy for a very special reason". He continues. "I must say I'm impressed by your achievements". By my power you mean. "it was a good idea to transfer you over to this academy, here we can teach you much more". I stay quiet, I'm not in the mood for talking. "to be honest, I have never seen anyone like you before. But you probably heard that a thousand times". I look away again. "I know you are not in the mood and that you are tired of this all but I promise we will listen to you and make you feel at home as good as possible". I shake my head a little. "I hope you will turn by". He says in respond of my head shaking. Like I have a choice. "maybe you'll like it more here when I show you your room". He stands up and signs to me that I have to follow him. I stand up and follow him. He performs a simple and easy spell and so he opens the door. "come in mister Dawkins". He says and lets me enter the room first. I look around and see a nice bed and a desk with a comfortable looking deskchair. Big but not to big windows. A chair with a coffee table infront of it. "it's not your room yet but you can fully customize and personalize how  you want it to be, I've heard that you love reading". He says. I look into his direction.'' I've read your profile Lewis''. He continues. ''I am thrilled and look forward to work with you''. He says with that smile again. ''Your like our special guest on this academy Mister Dawkins. I hope you'll like it here eventually''. I stand still frozen into my place, fearing that he might hurt me or something that's how it feels like to me anyways. ''Well I'll leave you to it then. you must be tired of your journey. I'll make sure there will be some food delivered to this room''. He says still wearing that smile I'm sure going to hate. ''see you tomorrow Mister Dawkins''. He says and leaves the room, closing the door behind him. I sit down. no, more like lay down on now 'my bed'. I must say the journey was indeed pretty tiring but there is just something off. Something missing. Maybe it is just me but we'll see I guess. I look up while I hear the door open. "roomservice". I hear a lady say in a quite cheerful tone. And indeed a lady walks in with food. She smiles and puts the plate with food down on the table. "you must be Lewis". She says. "nice meeting you, my name is Myriam. She says with a nice smile. She sticks out her hand and shakes mine."as you can see I have made your favourite food". She says trying to hint towards the plate and points to it. "I've heard a lot about you Mister Dawkins". Oh really who hasn't?! Is what I'm thinking. "I'm the chef and also kinda the office lady around this academy. I love to cook but also can deal very well with numbers and stuff you know". She says and chuckles a bit. "sometimes I replace a teacher when they are sick or are late. But you will find out all of that on your own eventually". She says. Throughout this whole conversation I haven't said a word to her. I see the concern and a bit confusement in her eyes. "is everything okay darling?!". She asks gently. "you can tell me anything. I also am a trust person to the most students on this academy if they need one". She says in a very convincing way. She is good I can give her credit for that but I still don't trust this all for a single bit. She can't look into my mind. No one can really. I'm just to 'strong' for them all. "well maybe you will loosen up a bit tomorrow when you had your rest". She stands up and is ready to leave. "enjoy your food". She says with a small smile and leaves the room. I grab the plate with food and start to eat it up. How did she know what my favourite food is?! The same with Bernard and his little secrets and documents with information about students. I've heard that you loved reading. That were his exact words. I've read your profile Lewis. The words with his voice are repeating in my head. I put the plate away because I finished eating. There are some pyjamas on the bed so I get dressed in those and lay down on my bed. Blankets covering me. Being tired and wanting to rest after this long day. Eventually I got myself to sleep. We'll see what happens tomorrow.