Chapter 2: The Arrival

Just a quick reminder to read the A/N at the end of this chapter! Thanks!

Bug out!

_____________________________

The bell rang at the end of the day on Friday, meaning it was the night of the sleepover. Alya had almost everything set up before she left for school and was just doing the finishing touches, Adrien had convinced Nathalie to let him go so he was packing, Nino was busy packing his things in his suitcase because he forgot, and Marinette was trying not to freak out that she was going to be sleeping in the same room as Adrien.
          Alya has just gotten the last pillow out when she heard the doorbell ring. She opened it to find Nino. He had his headphones on backwards and his hair was all messed up. She stifled a giggle. "Hey Nino! Come on in, you're the first one here." He slowly walked into her house and stood awkwardly in the middle of her living room.
"Would you like some water? Or soda?" Nino shook his head so she just got a glass for herself. "Umm, where should I put my stuff?" She looked back at him, "Oh, you can put it in my room. Down the hall to the left." He nodded and went to put his stuff away. As soon as he left, the doorbell rang again.
She opened it to see Marinette quickly look around, and dart in. "Is Adrien here?" She whispered. Alya shook her head. "Nino is though." Marinette raised her eyebrows. "Nino? You mean the Nino you have a crush on? Oh I wonder what I missed!" She giggled. Alya shushed her and frowned. "All he did was stand awkwardly in my living room and decline a drink. He's in my room now putting his stuff away."
          Marinette shrugged. "Sure, sure. Say what you want." Alya rolled her eyes. "Well, you can put your stuff in my room too. Just..... don't say anything to Nino. Please?" Marinette nodded and went to Alya's room. "Oh and I'll tell you when Pretty Boy gets here!" Marinette turned quickly and angrily shushed her, pointing to her room where Nino was.
          When everyone was ready, they sat in the living room, waiting for Adrien. Nino sighed. "What if he can't make it?" Alya shrugged. "He said he was coming." She looked over at Marinette, who was nervously chewing her nails. "I'm sure he's just running late."

At the Agreste mansion

Adrien sighed. "Father, you already said I could go!" Gabriel glared at his son. "I know, but that was when I thought you had a free schedule. A photo shoot came up. You'll have to miss out on the sleepover." Adrien couldn't believe what he was hearing. "You promised."
          Gabriel turned around. "I never promised anything." Adrien stared into his father's cold eyes. How did he not feel any sympathy? He's been doing photo shoots nonstop and as soon as there's an opening he schedules another one. When he already had plans.
"Father, please. It's only this once." He looked back to see his son on the verge of tears. He thought for a moment, and sighed. "Just this once." Adrien ran over and hugged his father. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Gabriel smiled, "Have fun."

A few minutes later
Adrien burst through the door, apologizing about a hundred times before believing Alya that it was okay. "I actually got my father to change his mind. It's the first time ever!" Marinette smiled and blushed. She hasn't seen him this happy in a while. She's starting to really look forward to the night ahead of them.

________________________________

Hey love bugs! I just wanted to say that I might not be updating that much for a bit because it's really busy at school and I'm very stressed. I'm so sorry to keep you guys waiting but I need some time off. By the way I got 665 words. That's a new record! Anyway, bye now!

Bug out!